Thread: Help please 4/6 of my plants are midgets.

Thanks

Lightbulb Help please 4/6 of my plants are midgets.

hi so i'm having a few issues, my poor garden has been thru hell this winter and i think i need some advice or help,
    so 2 of my 6 plants have completely sky rocketed so high that i have no more room to really lift the light up for them, they are in a 1x1x2m tent. where as the rest have stayed quite short and stumpy and are probably below the light threshold at the moment because i have nothing to set them on to lift them up. (they are packed with flower sites though short but bushy)
    is this a genetic disposition to the 2 that have stretched so high? i tried moving the plants around back when they were veging and it did nothing so i put the tall girls up the back. has anyone experienced this before should i be concerned or just push forward with my medicinal grow, can't wait probably another month and i will be harvesting a few ounces.?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stunted 1.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	386628

Name:	stunted 2.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	386629

Name:	stunted 3.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	123.7 KB 
ID:	386630

my grow configuration sorry for the blinding light. 1x1x2 grow tent, with a 400w HPS, with a 40w exhaust fan, and oscillating fan (natural air intake with open vent at bottom), could it be that i needed 600w for 6 plants?

Name:	grow steup.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	386631

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Growqueen420 For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-08-20), GEORGE (07-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,381 Times

seems your plants have stretched too much. you should try to keep the light as close as possible to control stretch but not to close to burn them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fluffy bud For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

They look alright dude. What watt blub is that? Just tie those two back, if those too are to close to the light. I'm guessing about 400W, so I would keep those two around 14" from the top, and just get you something to put the others on so they get light also.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy bud View Post
    seems your plants have stretched too much. you should try to keep the light as close as possible to control stretch but not to close to burn them.
    Yeah i keep light at the 14" mark i measure every day, i am running out of stretching space though, it seems like they have stopped for now, at almost 1.4 meters high...
    they are leviathans, monstrosities but they are fucking delicious looking, in fact i'm smoking some off the off trimmings from the base right now, high CBD, Terpenes, and a sprinkle of THC., very uplifting.
    all of my plants are auto flowering with a 17%THC level. i have some sweet Soma, some auto fresh candy, and a seeds man freebie (Auto strawberry cheesecake) all plants are receiving 1,400 Lumens minimum at the top cola of each plant, obviously 2,000+ lumens for the two ladies at the back who decided to stretch, but that means the leaves, and buds at the bottom of my plants at the front (the 'Midgets') are getting under 1000 lumens, but since they are auto flowering they seem to be pushing thru and developing very sexy buds...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Growqueen420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-08-20)