Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Run off Results...

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,513 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Whats in runoff water ..... yesterdays nutes, minus whatever the plant has used.... diluted down with today's... can't possible be accurate. Slurry test in the root zone is the accurate way but its a fucking pain to do and kills a load of roots in the process getting to it, so most don't bother.

Feed daily to runoff, this way your root zone is reset to whatever you put in each day. PH between 5.5 and 6.2. 5.3 would be too low for some of the elements to be taken up by the plant. Around 5.8 is the sweet spot usually but some can require a little either side of that..

5.9 ph is the sweet spot imho, i've been growing in coco for over 10 years and never differ from 5.9 when i make up nutes mix, saying that i have never had and deficiencies such as cal mag in all that time constantly growing.
    Just my tuppence.
    As for run off unless your plants are exhibiting any problems, i would leave them alone, as someone mentioned only if they show problems try flushing until you get below your target ph/ec and them slowly start building up nutrient strength.
    Imnice
    Imnice

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imnice For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (29-12-20), Farmer Geddon (26-12-20), GEORGE (26-12-20), M_C (26-12-20), twoeightwhiskey (27-12-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2