Thread: Dreaded spider mites

Thanks

Default Dreaded spider mites

Just found spider mites on my plants thankfully they are really young. They have been potted for around 5 days straight from the incubated. I’ve never had spider mites before. I have been very lucky. I’ve got rid of the cuttings I know you can treat them but my last crop was destroyed by thrips and I can’t take any chances. So my question is what is the best way to fumigate my grow space? Do smoke bombs actually work? Any ideas. P.s my girlfriends vegetable patch is riddled in the garden and there’s a vine with small red berries climbing my wall and it is absolutely covered in webs I’m going to treat the garden(outdoor) I’m in a basement and drawing air from ground level. Am I jst going to be fighting me a losing battle? I can’t deal with another failed harvest. Been growing in my basement for 18 months and I’ve never had this problem. Should I jst wait till winter to start up again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Raggajj For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-08-20), G' (08-08-20), GEORGE (08-08-20), Mac (09-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,419 Times

I wish I had some advice for ya but the borg are insidious. Had them once and got rid of them with some stuff the guy at the grow shop gave me.
    Don't remember the name but only had to put 4 drops to a gallon of water. Potent stuff.
    Do you have a filter over your air intake.
    Azamax used to work but spider mites get immuned pretty quick. Might still work.
    Sorry man thats all I got.
    Are they in flower?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-08-20), Mac (09-08-20), Raggajj (08-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue61 View Post
    I wish I had some advice for ya but the borg are insidious. Had them once and got rid of them with some stuff the guy at the grow shop gave me.
    Don't remember the name but only had to put 4 drops to a gallon of water. Potent stuff.
    Do you have a filter over your air intake.
    Azamax used to work but spider mites get immuned pretty quick. Might still work.
    Sorry man thats all I got.
    Are they in flower?
    No they have only been potted about 5 days I’ve got shot of them. I just want to fumigate my grow space properly now

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raggajj For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-08-20), GEORGE (08-08-20), Mac (09-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

How do brother yeah the smoke bombs do work mukka but if your pulling your intake from outside ground level and you have an infestation out there you gonna have your work cut out but i reckon it's doable get yourself some neem oil and make up a big batch of the recommended doses of the oil and soap etc' and spray the fuck out of everything outside where the mites are ans especially around your intake area soak the soil as well, place a bit of your girls stockings or tights over the end of your intake ducting and try and seal the area around it then you can think about using a bomb in your grow area, good luck brother G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-08-20), GEORGE (08-08-20), Mac (09-08-20), Raggajj (08-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by G' View Post
    How do brother yeah the smoke bombs do work mukka but if your pulling your intake from outside ground level and you have an infestation out there you gonna have your work cut out but i reckon it's doable get yourself some neem oil and make up a big batch of the recommended doses of the oil and soap etc' and spray the fuck out of everything outside where the mites are ans especially around your intake area soak the soil as well, place a bit of your girls stockings or tights over the end of your intake ducting and try and seal the area around it then you can think about using a bomb in your grow area, good luck brother G'.
    Thanks bro. Yeah I’ve got the tights over they intake already. Do you think I should hold back a month or two before I start another grow to be sure they’re gone or will the treatment for the garden work pretty quickly. I bought some spc it comes in a small black bottle for the garden and laced it. Gna repeat every 2 days.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raggajj For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-08-20), GEORGE (08-08-20), Mac (09-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Raggajj View Post
    Thanks bro. Yeah I’ve got the tights over they intake already. Do you think I should hold back a month or two before I start another grow to be sure they’re gone or will the treatment for the garden work pretty quickly. I bought some spc it comes in a small black bottle for the garden and laced it. Gna repeat every 2 days.

I would personally get up and running asap mate if you get outside under control you'll be golden the bombs work a treat mukka too. Good luck.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-08-20), GEORGE (08-08-20), Mac (09-08-20), Raggajj (08-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,200 Times

I used a combo of neem at 5ml and silicon 3ml with a dash of dish soap....They haven't been back since good luck though brother they fecking nightmare

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lowrollerbean For This Useful Post:

gardro (08-08-20), GEORGE (08-08-20), Mac (09-08-20), Raggajj (08-08-20)

Thanks

Pyrethrin, inside and out. You'll need to treat the surrounding outside area or more will get in, they literally can ride on the wind! Pyrethrin is a plant based poison, with a short half life, safe on fruits and veggies. Spray, wait 3-4 day, spray again (particularly outside). As part of my routine I dip seedlings in a Pyrethrin solution before they go n the grow/tent or greenhouse..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Phytoplankton For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-20)