Thread: Advice on lowering temp of my grow tent?

Thanks

Default Advice on lowering temp of my grow tent?

Hi all.

Looking for some advice regarding my environment set up.

Purchased a grow kit bundle online but I'm having an issue with lowering the temperature.

I was trying to exchange my bundle and get one with an air cooled hood but unfortunately, there is only one version of this bundle and so, I'm stuck with it just now.

I was trying to take some picture of it all set up so people would have a visual representation of how it looks but I've been called into work for a couple days so cant post any just now.

I have done a rudimentary drawing of my tent set up so please forgive the drawing (I'm currently stuck working in a lorry). This is how I had it set up:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200809_235421.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	386693

I've used this sort of set up before, however i was only borrowing it from a mate and it was set up in a loft so ventilation and keeping the tent perfect was easy as the ducting went straight out the loft vent rather than fill the room so I've never run into this before.

Temperature of the tent was hitting 38°C, one time it hit 40°C and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to lower it to acceptable levels.

The extractor according to the website can clear up to 400m3/hr of the air inside my tent so my fan is plenty powerful even with a big hps bulbs and the heat they generate!!

Would a small intake fan be enough to lower the temperature? Or would I run into problems? In my head, I can run an intake fan at that size no problem and the air conditioner that I get next week should be more than enough to cool the grow room but I dont want to just fire in and buy stuff that I dont really need.
    Would rather get knowledge from more season growers and save myself some money.

Thanks in advance.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EasilyConfused For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,460 Times

Get you A 400W Cob, cool's light ever, only 8 degrees difference between outside and inside of tent. JMO