Thread: Weird leaf colouration...

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Default Weird leaf colouration...

Hey guys, first time post and grow.
    I noticed one of my 3 plants had this on 2 of its bigger leaves...
    In real life they appear almost shiney, rusty in places, but can't tell if its mag or nitrogen, molybdenum or something else ????
    Really struggling to work out what's up with it... Any help would be much appreciated!

For ref this is a greenhouse grow in coco, Northern lights autoflowers, they are almost 5 weeks old and the last feed i gave them wqs terra vega and calmag, 14ml nutes and 5ml calmag in 1 gallon split between 3 plants til run off.

I gave no nutes or calmag for the first 14 days, and slowly worked up from 7ml nutes and 2ml calmag per gallon up to 14ml and 5ml, which i decides to give twice this week as the soil dried up faster than previous weeks where they only had 1 feed and water per week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200810_180118.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	386719   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200810_180241.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	386720  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andyganj For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-08-20), Jingo (11-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,620 Times

You need to feed Coco every single time you water and you don't want to feed a strong mix if they're extra dried out or thirsty cuz just being thirsty will burn them.

I don't know what nutrients you're feeding so I can't tell you if you're feeding too much or too little, but I might back off the nutrients and start feeding daily. I wouldn't wait for them to dry out I would just feed daily. That's what plants prefer in Coco once they get mature.

it's good that you're getting run off and if you're keeping your pH between 5.8 and 6.2 you should be good there also.

Shiny or waxy looking leaves are often nitrogen toxic rust spots are often calcium, I think both will sort themselves out with daily feeding you just need to figure out what nutrient mix could be tolerated every day.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-08-20), IceCalibur (11-08-20), Lowrollerbean (11-08-20)