Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First grow

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,247 Times

Default First grow

Hi so my plants are 3 week old was doing good until this started to appear on my plants can anyone help with this ive struggled with temps has got up to 90f in room its hot here in uk running fresh air in and exhaust out to try snd cool room i have a fan pionting at plants just above to cool them they have had one feed .6ml biobizz grow to 2 litres of water shared the 2 litres of water with 4 plants some help here would be great ?
    Water every 2 days ph 6.5
    Grow in air pots
    Biobizz light mix
    300 watt cfl Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200812-073619_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	386775 has you can see the yellowing on new groth is thi a heat issue or nutrient issue ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Middy74 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-08-20)

3. Default

Hi Middy, well firstly don't have the fan pointed directly at the plant..that can cause issues, instead have it so it's gently pushing air around with the leaves gently fluttering...and sometimes marks like that can be genetic, is it affecting all 4 plants?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-08-20)

Thanks

Hi thanks for reply yes all 4 have got it on but only the one in picture is that bad the other 3 have just slight discoloration nothing to worrie about at minute two plants had funky looking leaves at first but they are now bottom leaves so im not worried about that thought maybe heat or nutrient .
    Ive got plenty of air flow on thermostats
    Humidity stands at 52 ish never really moves
    Only had one feed of .6ml biobizz grow so well under recommended dose easier to add feed then take is away ?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Middy74 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-08-20)

7. Default

Absolutely right Middy, always better to err on the side of caution with feed, I can't really tell the tone/shade of their leaves from the picture provided but I don't think you're overfeeding at this point

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-08-20)

Thanks

Hi to me the green looks healthy here is another picture has you can see little marks on all plants but the back one is the worst one. But don't get me wrong in the air pots these girls are grow fast really im just puzzled to what it is I've got lots of nutrients ect at hand ie cal mag Epsom salt blackstrap but im not doing anything apart from water at minute and just first feed yesterday? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200812-094041_Photos.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	386777

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Middy74 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-08-20)

11. Default

The girls are looking healthy to me, it could just be where you had the fans directed straight at them from seed, that as I said can cause issues in the leaves, keep your eye on it.

Well cal mag is basically for calcium and magnesium, the espom salt is also magnesium, but these things are sold to us even when it's not needed, many here have never needed to add calicum, it will all depend on your water source...if you have soft water then you will need to bump the calicum for them, for hard water, you won't need to but magnesium in the form of epsom salts can be given...I like to give mine just before flower, or a week or two into flower.

Blackstrap mollass are great..they feed the microbes in the soil rather than the plant, many give in flower stage.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-08-20)

Thanks

I appreciate your advice ?? im going to feed plants maybe every 3rd or 4th watering does this sound ok well has lo g has the plants agree with my plan lol my water is between ph of 6.5 and 6.8 so thats good. I've found these air pots can dry fast and sometimes im watering every day then sometimes every two days i do check soil dryness. I grow chillies in air pots so im pretty good at knowing how to water theses pots .so i know my girls are not over watered. But with watering been more often in air pots im not going to feed every watering so im planning 3rd or 4th watering a feed ? You probably know better then i do ?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Middy74 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-08-20)

15. Default

Sounds like you have a good handle on things as far as I can see Middy..you have experience with watering which most times is a potential problem for new growers, and I do know these air pots do dry out faster..

As you rightly said, go with how the girls react, they start looking hungry?. up the feed in small increments..they get tip burn?..then back off with the feed.

Maybe have a think about putting a diary up here (totally up to you), it's a great way to keep track on where things go right and wrong, and allows the members here to follow along with advice when needed

16. The Following User Says Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-08-20)

Thanks

I keep a diary at home everything i do i write down . I'd do a dairy on here has it sounds like i would benefit from it how do i start a diary on here ? ??

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Middy74 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-08-20)

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Middy74 View Post
    I keep a diary at home everything i do i write down . I'd do a dairy on here has it sounds like i would benefit from it how do i start a diary on here ? ??
    Easy as pie Middy, click over to this section -> Grow Diaries - then simply create a new thread

20. The Following User Says Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-08-20)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast