Thread: What to do with rosin?

Thanks

Default What to do with rosin?

hello. I just got a nug smasher, and I do love the rosin, but I have one issue. Its like sticky tar. It gets the job done, and tastes delicious, but how do you cure it. If that is the right word. I used to get wax in 1 ounce bucks. They were like 6 inches long by 3 inches wide. You could pick it up with your bare hands and break it up with no issues. The rosin I press if you touch it, its not xo.ing off with out rubbing alcohol. Is thete a way to make it like the other stuff, crimble, shatter or anything ekse?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Timmyb For This Useful Post:

2Relax (12-08-20), Blue61 (12-08-20), GEORGE (12-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,962 Times

I think you're on about shatter, it's like glass and can be handled at room temp. That's from bho, when they push butane through the bud. Have a youtube about it. Don't think you can get the stable at room temp stuff from a rosin press

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

2Relax (12-08-20), Blue61 (12-08-20), GEORGE (12-08-20), Lowrollerbean (13-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

You can get one of those Blue ICE things that you freeze in the freezer, for putting in your ICE BOX. I think if you lay it on one of those, it will make it come off paper easier. As far as curing, you should cure your weed, before pressing it. then keep it in the freg in A lock tight container. This will keep it fresh when you want some, and last about A year.

Last edited by GEORGE; 12-08-20 at 05:47 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

2Relax (12-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,311 Times

Get a silicone rosin container on ebay for a few bucks, keep wax oil shatter budder in container in fridge.

Also get a rosin collection tray, keep 2 in fridge for quicker work (no waiting)

I like to press it after it dries enough for all the water to evaporate (usually 5 days), then directly to the press, all in an effort to preserve as much of the terps as possible. I love that super fresh taste, and the powerful effect completes the 1 - 2 punch for me. I love to use the excess left on tools to roll on the outside of a joint / spliff, then roll in kief. My favorite temp to press like this is 173°F.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 2Relax For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-08-20)