Thread: SANlightQ6W in a 2ftx4ft gorilla tent

Thanks

Default SANlightQ6W in a 2ftx4ft gorilla tent

Hi all, a big hello from a newbie and a first time grower!

I’ve joined to learn and have read a few posts but don’t see anything about the sanlight LED and seriously thinking of getting one to start growing a small set up.

So can I ask a question and get your honest answers lol

I’m wanting to start growing but only for myself with no desire to sell it or give any away! I smoke about 2/3G a day pure so it’s an expensive habit when buying off people!!

I don’t want to grow to big or beyond what i actually need but i want the best of equipment and don’t have a clue if it’s compatible or not..

Ideally a SANlightQ6W 245w is the light I’m looking at but i don’t want a big tent because i only want to grow 2 maybe 3 plants indica strain to give a yield of maybe 240/250g

I am looking at the gorilla tent 2ft x 4ft (was thinking of the shorty but decide to go for the 211cm) now my question is the SANlight has a span of 1.2m so even though the gorilla is 60cm wide will it cause damage to plants and be to strong or is it an ideal set up for 1 first time grower?

Thanks

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firstimegrower420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-08-20), Mac (17-08-20)

3. Default

Hi and welcome to the forum, nice to have you here

Well if you have your heart set on that particular LED and tent then I've read you can purchase a dimmer for that particular model which will allow you to safely use with seedlings and should be good all the way through.

We have a few members here who know LEDs like the back of their hand though and may peek in to clarify this better.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

firstimegrower420 (16-08-20), GEORGE (16-08-20), Mac (17-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

Welcome to the Talk dude, enjoy.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

IceCalibur (16-08-20), Mac (17-08-20)

Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I saw there was a dimmer being released with the the 2nd series and did think about it.

This is just all new to me and I kinda looking for reassurance that the sanlight will be a good buy for what I want in that size of tent and deliver the yield with the TLC ill be showing so I get the THC lol

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to firstimegrower420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-08-20), IceCalibur (16-08-20), Mac (17-08-20)

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by firstimegrower420 View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

Yes I saw there was a dimmer being released with the the 2nd series and did think about it.

This is just all new to me and I kinda looking for reassurance that the sanlight will be a good buy for what I want in that size of tent and deliver the yield with the TLC ill be showing so I get the THC lol
    You're welcome

Giving TLC to get the THC..I like that!!!

Many here use HLG lights and are very happy with them, however I also know the sanlights are quality too..be sure to stick around, I'm certain you will get more feedback from some of our LED gurus too

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

firstimegrower420 (16-08-20), GEORGE (16-08-20), Lowrollerbean (17-08-20), Mac (17-08-20)