Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: HPS to LED guys

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by scootb View Post
    What is nonsense?
    Look at LED grow diaries and you will see the majority of the buds are small,those 2 diaries that were posted are very impressive but not the average LED grow prove me wrong on this!!
    I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what I originally asked about actual wattage,cost per unit,how many units,etc

I'm not trying to bash LED's as I am genuinely interested but the information out there is extremely misleading,example like you said you done a side by side 2x315CMH v 600h(I'm guessing thats LED),are you saying that to equal 600w HPS or 630w CMH you need to have 600w actual draw of LED rather than what LED manufacturers advertise?

I am asking these questions as I am hoping that next month I will have some cash to splash making it the ideal time for me to switch to LED but again I don't want to waste money by buying something shitty as there as so many LED manufacturers and so many mixed reviews,some swear by Mars hydro,others absolutely HATE Mars hydro,some are mentioning Spider farmer,others are saying stay away from them.If I splash the cash on LED I want it to be an investment that I don't regret again this is why I am asking the questions that I am,not to put down LED lights or those using them!

Instead of someone saying "Hey I went from 600w HPS to this LED setup,it cost this much,actual draw is this,and my results with LED are as good or not as good as when I grew HPS" I am getting the defensive LED posts,no information Jingo is the only one that actually listed a grow light and gave some information so far which is what I am actually looking for.
    scootb, as far as I can see no-one here is getting defensive, Jingo as you quite rightly pointed out gave you information, and you replied to him saying that most LED grows you've seen are spindly and whatnot, so I politely disagreed and gave you a few links to have a peek at, that's all.

If you really are interested in knowing the information you seek, then would it not be wise to read the threads or ask the two growers who I linked (for example) what they used and all the information you're after?

I do understand what you're asking, perhaps someone will also give you all the info you need right here in the thread too, no issues

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (22-09-20), British green (29-08-20), GEORGE (29-08-20), scoot (29-08-20), Skunkpunch (08-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Chill dude lets keep it objective

I was merely dispelling common misconceptions out there.

No point quoting lights if they are not being taken seriously in the first place

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (12-09-20), Blue61 (22-09-20), British green (29-08-20), GEORGE (29-08-20), Skunkpunch (08-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Look at our led sponsor and have a chat with him .
    He'll put you straight on what you want

from a green and pleasant land

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (12-09-20), Blue61 (22-09-20), GEORGE (29-08-20), IceCalibur (29-08-20), Skunkpunch (08-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,404 Times

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    scootb, as far as I can see no-one here is getting defensive, Jingo as you quite rightly pointed out gave you information, and you replied to him saying that most LED grows you've seen are spindly and whatnot, so I politely disagreed and gave you a few links to have a peek at, that's all.

If you really are interested in knowing the information you seek, then would it not be wise to read the threads or ask the two growers who I linked (for example) what they used and all the information you're after?

I do understand what you're asking, perhaps someone will also give you all the info you need right here in the thread too, no issues
    From the LED diaries that I have read the majority do not come close to the 2 very impressive LED grows,those 2 grows are actually the best LED grows that I have seen and are motivating me more to make the switch.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (22-09-20), GEORGE (29-08-20), IceCalibur (29-08-20), Skunkpunch (08-11-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Chill dude lets keep it objective

I was merely dispelling common misconceptions out there.

No point quoting lights if they are not being taken seriously in the first place
    I wouldn't have made this post if I was not genuinely seeking information on making the change,I am really impressed with your grow and would appreciate some information on what would be ideal to replace a 600w HPS with an LED setup.
    I haven't grown with LED,I can only go by grow diaries and reviews which is why I made this post,to try skip the b/s etc.. and get the lowdown from those that have actually made the switch.I quoted 2 light manufacturers as those 2 seem to be the most commonly found in grow diaries but again both have seriously mixed reviews which again adds to the frustration of nailing it down.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (22-09-20), GEORGE (29-08-20), Skunkpunch (08-11-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Look at our led sponsor and have a chat with him .
    He'll put you straight on what you want

from a green and pleasant land
    I've tried to PM him a couple of times bud,message box full plus he's in UK and from what I've read has a backlog,shipping from anywhere outside of North America just now is hit and miss and takes around 30 days if it does eventually arrive.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (22-09-20), GEORGE (29-08-20), Skunkpunch (08-11-20)

Thanks

Would 2 of these lights be the kind of thing that I am looking for,or am I looking at the wrong gear?
    They seem decently priced compared to some other boards and I like how they advertise the actual wattage draw.
    For that price it seems reasonable,1 light for veg and then in flower 2 plants under each light.

CrxSunny 240W 3500K Mix 660nm LM301B Board LED Grow Light with Samsung Chips LM301B & Dimmable MeanWell Driver Full Spectrum Growing Lamp for Indoor Veg and Flower Plants Lights

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (22-09-20), gardro (30-08-20), GEORGE (29-08-20), Skunkpunch (08-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by scootb View Post
    Would 2 of these lights be the kind of thing that I am looking for,or am I looking at the wrong gear?
    They seem decently priced compared to some other boards and I like how they advertise the actual wattage draw.
    For that price it seems reasonable,1 light for veg and then in flower 2 plants under each light.

CrxSunny 240W 3500K Mix 660nm LM301B Board LED Grow Light with Samsung Chips LM301B & Dimmable MeanWell Driver Full Spectrum Growing Lamp for Indoor Veg and Flower Plants Lights
    You'd have to do your homework on them. Think ive seen the name before but not too well know. See if theres a local hub close enough to you if a fault would occur.

If the cant get hold of Vivid, and/or the shipping makes the purchase uneconomical then reach out to HLG US. Thats where Vivid import from so you may aswell avoid 2 lots of customs charges

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (22-09-20), GEORGE (30-08-20), IceCalibur (30-08-20), scoot (30-08-20), Skunkpunch (08-11-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    You'd have to do your homework on them. Think ive seen the name before but not too well know. See if theres a local hub close enough to you if a fault would occur.

If the cant get hold of Vivid, and/or the shipping makes the purchase uneconomical then reach out to HLG US. Thats where Vivid import from so you may aswell avoid 2 lots of customs charges
    Thanks bud.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (22-09-20), gardro (30-08-20), GEORGE (30-08-20), Skunkpunch (08-11-20)

Thanks

So I went ahead and purchased 2 of these bad boys -DIY Kits Samsung LM301B Red 660nm Quantum Boards Led Grow Light With Meanwell Driver Emitting Color:3500K+660nm+uv,Wattage:240W I am looking forward to trying these lights out.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (22-09-20), gardro (12-09-20), GEORGE (12-09-20), Lowrollerbean (12-09-20), MrC (12-09-20), Skunkpunch (08-11-20)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast