Thread: Help with watering and nutrients

Thanks

Default Help with watering and nutrients

SE Michigan growing 1st plant. Strawberry Cough now in 2nd half of flowering/transition.

5 gal grow pot.

Feeding Botanicare transition/bloom 1-4-5

I've been told the plant wants more water now along with more nutes.

I was feeding 1 gal p/day of vegetative prior to this phase.

I'm now feeding 2 gal p/day at 20 ml of nutes per gallon. (40 ml)

There are no set guidelines that I can find, so I'm just winging it. (prob not the best way to go)

Found this forum and hoping to get some direction.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 3rdMarDiv For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-08-20), Jingo (19-08-20), Lowrollerbean (19-08-20), Mac (19-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,886 Times

With compost, I can be a little too attentive Coco is so much easier
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-08-20), Jingo (19-08-20), Lowrollerbean (19-08-20), Mac (19-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,734 Times

You want to make sure and get some runoff when you water, about 15% would be good. Water a little bit in and wait a moment or two and then water some more in and continue to repeat that until you get your runoff out the bottom that will determine your quantity of water each day.

I usually put around a gallon and a half of water through a 5-gallon pot, the nutrients you are using look real good but not everyday. You should give clear water say twice and then feed once or maybe go every other day.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-08-20), Lowrollerbean (19-08-20), Mac (19-08-20), M_C (19-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    You want to make sure and get some runoff when you water, about 15% would be good. Water a little bit in and wait a moment or two and then water some more in and continue to repeat that until you get your runoff out the bottom that will determine your quantity of water each day.

I usually put around a gallon and a half of water through a 5-gallon pot, the nutrients you are using look real good but not everyday. You should give clear water say twice and then feed once or maybe go every other day.

J

You are right on with this information...as a safe approach.

I was going by information I had gotten off the Net about heavy feeding until you start nute burning..Backing off briefly (water only 2 days) and when the plant starts recovering and re-start overfeeding.

I've done this process a couple times and will now go to the schedule you spoke of.

I stopped at the first signs of burn, but I know a another grower who takes much further before they back off.

His yields are impressive.

This is my first and currently my only plant, so I don't have the luxury (many plants) or the experience to play around. I will say though that my plant looks great and buds should be really nice...fingers crossed...LOL

Thanks Again, 3rdMarDiv

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3rdMarDiv For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-08-20), Jingo (23-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,734 Times

I've used that hit it hard feeding just testing nutrients really and it honestly is best used for like Coco or hydro.

J

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-08-20)