Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bug help!

Thanks

Default Bug help!

Hey guys

So i managed to get one under the microscope...
    Anyone know what these are??

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to L0wdawg For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-08-20), GEORGE (19-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,730 Times

Never seen one magnified so much but it sure looks like a thrip, if it is it'll be weaving white trails through your leaves as it munches along.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-08-20), GEORGE (19-08-20), IceCalibur (19-08-20), Keepitsimple (24-08-20), L0wdawg (19-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    Never seen one magnified so much but it sure looks like a thrip, if it is it'll be weaving white trails through your leaves as it munches along.

J

Yo Jingo

Thats exactly it! Been browsing just now. Any idea how i can treat it??

Im chopping in a couple/few days anyway so im not overly worried but dont fancy an infestation!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to L0wdawg For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-08-20), GEORGE (19-08-20), IceCalibur (19-08-20), Jingo (19-08-20)

Thanks

They're real easy to kill you can use a half a dozen different pesticides some of them very innocuous. I still wouldn't be treating my plant a couple days before chop. I've got a couple little plants just covered in bugs and it drives me crazy, the latest ones left these funky looking eggs.

J

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-08-20), GEORGE (19-08-20), IceCalibur (19-08-20), Keepitsimple (24-08-20), L0wdawg (19-08-20), Lowrollerbean (19-08-20)

Thanks

They're real easy to kill you can use a half a dozen different pesticides some of them very innocuous. I still wouldn't be treating my plant a couple days before chop. I've got a couple little plants just covered in bugs and it drives me crazy, the latest ones left these funky looking eggs.

J

You reckon ill be ok to leave it then? Ive been squashing them as i see them and there arent masses. That was my concern - didnt want to encourage rot or lace with chems, shes flushing at the mo.

They look mad, cool how theyre left on a little hair like that. Any idea what it is?

Scrap that question ^ -

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to L0wdawg For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-08-20), GEORGE (19-08-20), IceCalibur (19-08-20), Jingo (19-08-20), Keepitsimple (24-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by L0wdawg View Post
    You reckon ill be ok to leave it then? Ive been squashing them as i see them and there arent masses. That was my concern - didnt want to encourage rot or lace with chems, shes flushing at the mo.

They look mad, cool how theyre left on a little hair like that. Any idea what it is?

Really isn't like you have much of a choice anyway, they could potentially cause an issue they're kind of small so wouldn't be as big a problem as a worm or a caterpillar crawling up inside a flower.

Those eggs on my plant are from lace wing flies, they have a larva stage that comes on about 3 to 10 days after they lay those eggs. The larvae are voracious eaters of aphids and thrips and something else they really like I can't remember. I was just getting ready to harvest my plant but now I think I'd rather those larva hatch out and clean it up a little bit if they're quick about it. I'm definitely going to wash the heck out of my little plant when I harvest it.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...amp-cure-guide

J

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-08-20), GEORGE (19-08-20), IceCalibur (19-08-20), Keepitsimple (24-08-20), L0wdawg (19-08-20)

Thanks

Really isn't like you have much of a choice anyway, they could potentially cause an issue they're kind of small so wouldn't be as big a problem as a worm or a caterpillar crawling up inside a flower.

Those eggs on my plant are from lace wing flies, they have a larva stage that comes on about 3 to 10 days after they lay those eggs. The larvae are voracious eaters of aphids and thrips and something else they really like I can't remember. I was just getting ready to harvest my plant but now I think I'd rather those larva hatch out and clean it up a little bit if they're quick about it. I'm definitely going to wash the heck out of my little plant when I harvest it.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...amp-cure-guide

J

I don't suppose I do! Fingers crossed it doesnt present a problem

Was just reading about them, sounds like a good idea. A welcome insect!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to L0wdawg For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-08-20), GEORGE (19-08-20), Jingo (19-08-20), Keepitsimple (24-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,458 Times

Best bet IMO is getting predators in there asap to reduce their numbers, last thing you wanna be doing is smoking thrips, had em myself right pain in the arse as they lay eggs inside the leaf rather than on the surface, i managed to get rid of mine luckily.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amnesia auto For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-08-20), GEORGE (19-08-20), IceCalibur (19-08-20), Jingo (19-08-20), L0wdawg (19-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesia auto View Post
    Best bet IMO is getting predators in there asap to reduce their numbers, last thing you wanna be doing is smoking thrips, had em myself right pain in the arse as they lay eggs inside the leaf rather than on the surface, i managed to get rid of mine luckily.

Thanks amnesia!

Just ordered these..

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to L0wdawg For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-08-20), GEORGE (19-08-20), IceCalibur (19-08-20), Jingo (19-08-20), Keepitsimple (24-08-20), prime (25-08-20), scoot (23-08-20)

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesia auto View Post

Quote Originally Posted by L0wdawg View Post
    Thanks amnesia!

Just ordered these..

Great choice L0wdawg!.. this is exactly what I do..thrips can be a right pain in my opinion, especially if they get a foothold!.. and I personally hate spraying anything on my girls that's systemic to get rid of them, and most times they need more than neem oil to combat them.

I recently found evidence of thrip damage on my girls (and saw a few of the little buggers) and purchased two predators, for two stages of thrip life - Amblyseius swirskii & Amblyseius cucumeris

I have used them previously with great success, and the good thing about using them is the predators will die off themselves when their food source is wiped out (which happens to be the thrips), so a win win

They did a cracking job and wiped out thrips completely on my 2 mug grows I previously did..the plus side is they also eat spider mites

As it happens mine just turned up an hour ago

'Amblyseius cucumeris' sachets, although they do not kill adult thrips, they do eat the eggs and larvae, here is a quote of information ;

"Thrip Killer contains the predatory mite; Amblyseius cucumeris / Neoseiulus cucumeris. These predatory mites feed on thrip larvae and their eggs. They feed mainly on the small or first instar larvae of Western Flower thrip (Frankiniella occidentalis). They are not able to eat the larger larvae or adults, although they will also feed on spider mites. It is important to have the predatory mites at the times when thrips may be present."

'Amblyseius swirskii'

"Premium thrip killer sachets contain the predatory mite Amblyseius swirskii. This predatory mite feeds on multiple stages of thrip larvae present on the plant foliage itself."

" Amblyseius swirskii outperforms the alternative Amblyseius cucumeris given suitable conditions. The Swirskii predators will kill larger stages of thrip larvae than Cucumeris meaning they eliminate larger amounts of a pest population. Swirskii mites will also consume whitefly eggs giving additional protection."

Last edited by IceCalibur; 19-08-20 at 11:11 AM.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-08-20), GEORGE (19-08-20), Gunner (26-08-20), Jingo (19-08-20), L0wdawg (19-08-20), Lowrollerbean (24-08-20), scoot (23-08-20)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast