Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My very secure DIY shed

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,622 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Keepitsimple View Post
    please help I Just got a letter from the agency (I rent and grow in the shed, 7 weeks in flower)

They want to carry out a energy performance assessment

what does this mean ?
    In my area that means they would be looking at how much insulation you had under the house how much you had up in your attic where they had single pain windows. That kind of stuff, they should have no need to be anywhere near your shed.

I'd pile some rubbish or something in front of your shed with the paddle lock on the door and then say oh I don't know where that key is I can look but it might take a while.

I don't think you'll have any problem cuz somebody doing a real energy audit wouldn't care about that shead.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-08-20), British green (24-08-20), GEORGE (24-08-20), Keepitsimple (24-08-20), Le chef (24-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Le chef View Post
    Hi Keepitsimple Stick a bit of trellis on the sides and grow some jasmine and honeysuckle around, most people only look because its new or they would like to have one. make sure your electrics are sound and running through a circuit breaker not just an extension lead run from the house. Good luck with it bud.
    And Paracantha or something equally spikey and tall.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-08-20), British green (24-08-20), gardro (24-08-20), GEORGE (24-08-20), Keepitsimple (24-08-20), Le chef (24-08-20)

South of Hadrians wall in a tent, in the garden of England
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,269 Times

The shed is not a habitable building and if it belongs to you they have no business looking at it let alone checking out the inside, just make sure the house is clean.
    So much to learn, so little time to learn it

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Le chef For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-08-20), British green (24-08-20), gardro (24-08-20), GEORGE (24-08-20), Keepitsimple (24-08-20)

Thanks

The shed is not a habitable building and if it belongs to you they have no business looking at it let alone checking out the inside, unless they are doing an electrical safety check, a requirement for rented accommodation with a safety certificate, the housing association or landlord should have one of those before letting and you should have a copy of that and a copy of any gas safety certificate. just make sure the house is clean.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Le chef For This Useful Post:

British green (24-08-20), gardro (24-08-20), GEORGE (24-08-20), Keepitsimple (24-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Keepitsimple View Post
    A warehouse was getting rid of 90cm x 2.7m x 22mm chipboard for £6 each so I picked up 21 sheets

I kind of thought it maybe something like that after I posted Most folks kind of keep an eye on the pennies when constructing a grow space...If money were no object Id have a purpose built clinically clean laboratory type space...Veg, flower, water & feed pep and drying sections

Regards BL

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (26-08-20), British green (24-08-20), gardro (24-08-20), GEORGE (24-08-20), Keepitsimple (24-08-20), Le chef (24-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    In my area that means they would be looking at how much insulation you had under the house how much you had up in your attic where they had single pain windows. That kind of stuff, they should have no need to be anywhere near your shed.

I'd pile some rubbish or something in front of your shed with the paddle lock on the door and then say oh I don't know where that key is I can look but it might take a while.

I don't think you'll have any problem cuz somebody doing a real energy audit wouldn't care about that shead.

J

Double bagged asbestos usually does the trick. Hardibacker boards broken up are close enough in appearance

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (26-08-20), GEORGE (24-08-20), Jingo (24-08-20), Keepitsimple (24-08-20), Le chef (24-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Double bagged asbestos usually does the trick. Hardibacker boards broken up are close enough in appearance
    I like your style gardro better to fool them before the ask questions.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Le chef For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (26-08-20), gardro (24-08-20), GEORGE (24-08-20), Keepitsimple (24-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    I kind of thought it maybe something like that after I posted Most folks kind of keep an eye on the pennies when constructing a grow space...If money were no object Id have a purpose built clinically clean laboratory type space...Veg, flower, water & feed pep and drying sections

Regards BL
    If it was not Second-hand shelving, I would have brought (obs 3 15mm sheets)
    That was not fun cutting all the boards with a hand saw.

If I owned my house and money's no object, I would build a nuclear bunker (20ft (L)x 10ft(w) x 8ft (h)), and use it as a man cave/grow space under a shed.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Keepitsimple For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (26-08-20), GEORGE (25-08-20), Le chef (25-08-20), WhIpLaSh (24-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post

J

Thanks for this advice, my wife gave them a ring and asked them about the assessment.
    and they said its a government thing, think there talking about

The Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP) is the methodology used by the Government to assess and compare the energy and environmental performance of dwellings.
    Its purpose is to provide accurate and reliable assessments of dwelling energy performances that are needed to underpin energy and environmental policy initiatives.

They said there checking the loft and windows etc for ways in to save energy (keep heating cost down)
    Spoke to my mother in law today and she is in a council place and when they done this inspection.
    They told her to clear the loft, so they can padlock it up.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Keepitsimple For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (26-08-20), GEORGE (25-08-20), Jingo (25-08-20), Le chef (25-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,622 Times

We have a few loft growers that aren't going to be very happy if that's going on very wide.

J

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (26-08-20), GEORGE (25-08-20), Keepitsimple (25-08-20), Le chef (25-08-20)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast