Thread: Inhouse genetics: slurricane and dank genetics: purple sunset

Thanks

Default Inhouse genetics: slurricane and dank genetics: purple sunset

Slurricane and purple sunset SMOKE/GROW REPORT:

Link to grow diary:
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Strain and seedbank:
    Slurricane (purple punch × dos si dos) is from inhouse genetics, and purple sunset (purple punch x sunset sherbert) is from dank genetics

Numbers of grows or years growing: around 5 years, with 2.5 give or take years in dwc

Grow Equipment, Location, style:
    5 gallon buckets, air pumps, R/O water, started in a closet moved over to tents. Did LST, defoliation and supercropping.

Nutes/Feed:
    GH nutrients line, calmag, hydroguard, silica, and koolbloom. Loosely using the 321 method

Weeks of veg: 8

Weeks of flower: 10

Colour of thrichs at time of harvest:
    85% cloudy, 15% amber give or take for both

Wet yield:
    N/A

Drying time:
    5ish days for both

Dry Yield:
    5.5 ounces for slurricane, and 2 ounces for purple sunset

Curing time:
    2 weeks

Bud Density ?/10:
    8 for slurricane 7 for purple sunset

Bud Appearance Comments:
    Slurricane: covered in trichomes, and has a purple hue in some of the buds
    Purple sunset: didn't get purple, but is a lighter green with light orange hairs

Grindability ?/10: does it fluff up or reduce when put in a grinder?
    Both fluff up nicely when put in the grinder. I'd give them both an 9

Smell in veg ?/10:
    normal for both. I'd say 6

Smell in flower ?/10:
    Fantastic for both. I give them a 10

Smell after curing ?/10:
    Slurricane: smells almost like greasy grape jam
    Purple sunset: similar in smell, but alot sweeter.

Smell of smoke ?/10:
    Slurricane: skunks
    Purple sunset: sweet dank smell

Taste ?/10:
    Slurricane: tastes great with the grape undertones. We smoke blunts, but I think she tastes even better out of a bowl or joint
    Purple sunset: really sweet grape Starburst tropical taste. Love it more than slurricane

The High ?/10: heady? Couchlock? Did it give you the munchies? Make you feel creative? Good daytime or morning smoke? Etc....
    Slurricane: relaxing, and gives you the munchies. We usually smoke her in the evening. I'd give her an 8
    Purple sunset: have gotten the case of the giggles a couple times from her. Usually smoke her in the morning with a cup of coffee. I'd say 9

Length of buzz ?/10:
    Slurricane: probably around an hour and a half. Smoking blunts usually. Out of a bowl about the same effect and better taste. I'd say a 9
    Purple sunset: 2 hours of smile town. Smoking blunts usually. I'll say 9.5

Good comments:
    Slurricane: easy to grow and grew vigorously. She took nutrients like a champ. Some people say her yield wasn't great but I'm happy to pull 5.5 zips from her
    Purple sunset: She's tastes out of this world. I only wish we would've yielded more, but her being stressed in the beginning put a damper on that. We are trying to make her last awhile so we put our last ounce up.

Bad Comments:
    Slurricane: I really don't. I just wish I had more than two seeds left of her or could make clones cause I will grow her out again
    Purple sunset: Just wish she would've yielded more, and that I would've ordered more than one seed of her. Other than that I have no other bad comments.

General Comments:
    This was my first time growing from these two breeders and I would definitely recommend both of them. They are pretty easy to grow with the right conditions.

Picture 1 is slurricane picture 2 is purple sunset:
    Last edited by B.R.E.W.; 27-08-20 at 11:03 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to B.R.E.W. For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-08-20), IceCalibur (27-08-20), Jingo (28-08-20), riot (30-08-20)