Thread: Humidity issues bud rot questions help

Thanks

Default Humidity issues bud rot questions help

Hi im having issues with my humidity Going up and down and somedays its hitting 60-70 rh im currently in flower so doing my best to stop it going too high so my question is how long can flowering plants take before they start showing signs of bud rot/ mildew isit a matter of days ,hours etc? Thanks

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ukbuddah For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (28-08-20), GEORGE (28-08-20), Jingo (28-08-20), Krofam (29-08-20), Quotientcatalysed (28-08-20), ToughCall (04-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,618 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Ukbuddah View Post
    Hi im having issues with my humidity Going up and down and somedays its hitting 60-70 rh im currently in flower so doing my best to stop it going too high so my question is how long can flowering plants take before they start showing signs of bud rot/ mildew isit a matter of days ,hours etc? Thanks
    Everything is dependent upon your strain and your environment, but you do not want to be above 60% humidity when you get into flower. You may be able to look up whatever it is you're growing on the breeder's site and find out whether they're resistant to mold or not, a lot of times they'll tell you that for outdoor growing.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (28-08-20), GEORGE (28-08-20), Krofam (29-08-20), Quotientcatalysed (28-08-20), ToughCall (04-09-20)

Thanks

If the buds are in stage where they ready to swell and let's say ur rh goes 70+ plus high temp, takes 1 day only.. and the rest what Jingo said lolz it
    Last edited by Quotientcatalysed; 28-08-20 at 02:26 AM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Quotientcatalysed For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-08-20), Jingo (28-08-20), Krofam (29-08-20), ToughCall (04-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

how long can flowering plants take before they start showing signs of bud rot/ mildew isit a matter of days ,hours etc?

It varies. The less the plants have been stressed, the lower the chance of mould. I've had the reflector too low sometimes and there would be heat damage. Almost always, there was mould on that part of the plant later.

I have a pragmatic attitude wrt mould. It happens and it's part of growing. I don't have much choice in that because my cellar is 80%RH. What I care about is how much didn't have mould. I'll take 20 good + 1 mouldy over 19 and no mould. I've done many cellar grows and I still don't know exactly what does or doesn't cause/prevent mould in high humidity. I've had some decent yields with zero mould. Everything the same next grow and there was mould.

My losses to mould went down when my son starting helping me. He can identify mould inside a cola before it's visible. He taps every cola with his fingernail, like checking a wine glass for cracks. When a cola feels wrong to him, he gently prises it apart and snips out a teeny bit of mould. I'm getting better at that but the internal mould I discover won't be that teeny. Still better than waiting until it is visible.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-08-20), Krofam (29-08-20), ToughCall (04-09-20)

Thanks

Thanks for the replys guys yh trouble is with me is im growing outdoor in a garden shed here in the uk and humidty has been up and down high 80s and 90s but i have heat tubes in the tent and a dehumidifier but seems like it not working may have to purchase a massive dehumidifier lol

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ukbuddah For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-08-20), Krofam (29-08-20), ToughCall (04-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

Is the dehumidifier located next to the intake? I used to have mine set up so that all air that came into the tent had to go via the dehumidifier

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-08-20), Krofam (29-08-20)

Thanks

String dependant look at strains with airy bud structure

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldschool1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-08-20), Krofam (29-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times

Similar to my readings ..just over fan and exchange air as fast as you can ..works for me with very little collateral ,plenty of air movement in groom also and all tho not ideal unless your gona throw real money at the issue it's part and parcel ...

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-08-20), Krofam (29-08-20), ToughCall (04-09-20)