Thread: Looking for some confirmation on my light flipping methodology

Thanks

Question Answered: Looking for some confirmation on my light flipping methodology

Hi all,

About to do my first switch from 18/6 to 12/12.

Current cycle 18/6:

On: 20:30
    Off: 14:30

The issue with this cycle (should have used a different one from the start) is that most of my free time to work on the plants is when they are in dark, which makes managing them annoying.

I need to go to 12/12 ASAP as I am going to run out of room.

My theory is to:
    From 14:30 (normal off time), go dark until 08:00 the following morning (17.5 hours) and then turn the lights on 12/12. That way I have light from 8am to 8pm and I can get a lot more work done.

Will this be ok for the plants? Do you have any better suggestions to get my light cycle to a more usable time?

The other thing I need to do is take some clones off the plants for the next crop.

Will it be ok to wait for the plants to show their sex on 12/12, clone all the females, put them into another tent back on 18/6 and stop them flowering? Or is it better to clone all of the plants now before I switch to 12/12 and then throw out the ones that came off males?

Thanks in advance.

2. "
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ_ View Post
    Hi all,

Current cycle 18/6:

The issue with this cycle (should have used a different one from the start) is that most of my free time to work on the plants is when they are in dark, which makes managing them annoying.

My theory is to:
    From 14:30 (normal off time), go dark until 08:00 the following morning (17.5 hours) and then turn the lights on 12/12. That way I have light from 8am to 8pm and I can get a lot more work done.

Will this be ok for the plants? Do you have any better suggestions to get my light cycle to a more usable time?

The other thing I need to do is take some clones off the plants for the next crop.

Will it be ok to wait for the plants to show their sex on 12/12, clone all the females, put them into another tent back on 18/6 and stop them flowering? Or is it better to clone all of the plants now before I switch to 12/12 and then throw out the ones that came off males?

Thanks in advance.
    That is good, my mine was asleep in the other post."

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NZ_ For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-08-20), Krofam (31-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times
    Provided Answers: 105

Just go ahead and change the timer to 8 till 8. No need for the 17 hour cycle. JMO

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Krofam (31-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times
    Provided Answers: 105

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_ View Post
    Hi all,

Current cycle 18/6:

My theory is to:

Thanks in advance.
    That is good, my mine was asleep in the other post.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Krofam (31-08-20), NZ_ (30-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times
    Provided Answers: 52

What hotshot says and no worries in bit of extra dark the first night of flip

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-08-20), Krofam (31-08-20)

Thanks

Awesome thanks

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NZ_ For This Useful Post:

gardro (31-08-20), GEORGE (30-08-20), Krofam (31-08-20)