Thread: Seeded buds

Thanks

Default Seeded buds

Hi I have harvested 7 Jelly Breath S1 from IHG. 2 of the plants seemed to finish far too quick then basically died about 6/7 weeks in. I didn’t remove them. Would this have caused my healthy plants to produce seeds by the time I harvested 3 weeks later? The bud is still great but I’m sure it could have been even better. The seeds are in every plant but not in every bud. This is the first time I have used seeds and didn’t even notice until I ground some bud up after curing. Could the over ripe/dying plants have hermied and caused this or is this strain in particular prone to it?

Temps were spot on throughout, I use top quality Led and CDM lights. I am not a newbie grower but I usually go with cuttings I procure elsewhere.
    Thanks and any thoughts will be most appreciated.

I am also concerned as I have taken cuts off of three amazing plants (seeded yes) so am worried this maybe a trait in their genetics or my mistake for not removing the two that died.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to goldenbrown1 For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (02-09-20), GEORGE (02-09-20), Jingo (02-09-20), Mac (02-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,622 Times

You can get Hermies if you take photo period strains, even autoflowers too far. However, if all of your plants are seeded more than likely those two that quit growing early were your Hermies. Or they were all hermaphrodites. Either way, I wouldn't bother growing those again. It just means you get weaker smoke when you're done.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (02-09-20), GEORGE (02-09-20), goldenbrown1 (02-09-20), Mac (02-09-20), M_C (02-09-20), scoot (03-09-20), Valentina (02-09-20)

Thanks

Would I be right in saying that those two that died could have seeded the healthy ones? I haven’t took cuts from the two that died. I have cuts from three that were of excellent quality ( even though seeded). Not sure whether to bin the lot. Would be a shame. Thanks for response ??

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to goldenbrown1 For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (02-09-20), GEORGE (02-09-20), Mac (02-09-20)