Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RSO Oil + CBD

Thanks

Default RSO Oil + CBD

Afternoon all,

I'm about to embark on making my first batch of oil for one of my best mates who has been diagnosed with a brain tumour.

We have both read extensively on the subject matter but have struggled to get a strain that offers what many people refer too as 1:1.

As such, is it OK for us to add a quality grade cbd to the RSO oil (on its completion). I am struggling to find any information on this (whether its been done or not) and the potential impact it could have.

Thanks in advance

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trodat For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (04-09-20), GEORGE (04-09-20), Jingo (04-09-20), Krofam (10-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,728 Times

You can add CBD to your RSO, it would be nice if your CBD was complete meaning it came from a high CBD cannabis plant. You would get more terpenes and lipids and waxes and I personally believe those things improve the medical aspects of cannabis.

I like industrial plant CBD from dynafem it's a good one to one THC/CBD, you can buy it as auto or a photo.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (04-09-20), GEORGE (04-09-20), Lowrollerbean (06-09-20), M_C (04-09-20), Trodat (09-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    You can add CBD to your RSO, it would be nice if your CBD was complete meaning it came from a high CBD cannabis plant. You would get more terpenes and lipids and waxes and I personally believe those things improve the medical aspects of cannabis.

I like industrial plant CBD from dynafem it's a good one to one THC/CBD, you can buy it as auto or a photo.

J

Thanks for the prompt reply

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trodat For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-09-20), Jingo (06-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post

J

I've got A question Jingo? Now this probably will sound A little nuts, but just wondering if this would have any kind of effect like RSO would be, but on A smaller Basic, or am I just thinking out of the box. Well any way here is the question? I have decarb 6.75 grams from one oz of bud. Guessing the over all THC amount would be 40%+, knowing that RSO is 76 to 100%, would my decarb Keif have any kind of medical effect on something like Cancer? I know it is great for nerves and Pain, but nerves is different than day or night. lol It seems to me like this would be RSO at less than 1/2 strength.

Last edited by GEORGE; 06-09-20 at 03:16 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Lowrollerbean (07-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    I've got A question Jingo? Now this probably will sound A little nuts, but just wondering if this would have any kind of effect like RSO would be, but on A smaller Basic, or am I just thinking out of the box. Well any way here is the question? I have decarb 6.75 grams from one oz of bud. Guessing the over all THC amount would be 40%+, knowing that RSO is 76 to 100%, would my decarb Keif have any kind of medical effect on something like Cancer? I know it is great for nerves, but nerves is different than day or night. lol

RSO really was just a quick down and dirty way of concentrating the cannabinoids to take as many as you possibly could at one time. Rick Simpson used to use a petroleum solvent that I wouldn't personally want to use. That's why I always went with everclear.

Your Keif is already highly concentrated and I think would do about the same thing, it would just be dose-dependent and that changes with everybody.

J

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-09-20), Lowrollerbean (07-09-20)

Thanks

Is it worth decarbing the bud in the oven before starting the process? I am using Iso this time round but will be using eveclear going forward - any links to getting this in the UK would be appreciated (if links are allowed).

Again, thanks

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trodat For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-09-20), Jingo (09-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Trodat View Post
    Is it worth decarbing the bud in the oven before starting the process? I am using Iso this time round but will be using eveclear going forward - any links to getting this in the UK would be appreciated (if links are allowed).

Again, thanks
    Best way to find what you looking is to just Google it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    Best way to find what you looking is to just Google it.
    agree - but google puts me at 50/50 hence asking the question

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Trodat For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-09-20)

Thanks

The process will decarb about 50% on its own, many believe cannabis is medicinal raw or cooked, for that reason I dont decarb medical RSO. If i intend to make smokeable oil i decarb first. There has been a study for several years in CA getting good results juicing raw cannabis.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-09-20), Lowrollerbean (10-09-20), Trodat (09-09-20)

Thanks

So - we made our firs batch (1 ounce of OG Kush) and in the end added a little MCT Oil.

It doesn't seem as dark as what we've had before (tried the lighter test to ensure no alcohol remains), thoughts?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	81C4E73A-DADE-46CF-A2FE-A99D6A4A7F18.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	119.6 KB 
ID:	387987

Sorry I keep editing - we got a yield of 12% which seems to be about normal.
    Last edited by Trodat; 11-09-20 at 12:36 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trodat For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-09-20), Jingo (11-09-20)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast