Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: RSO Oil + CBD

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,620 Times

The color does seem quite a bit lighter than most RSO that I've made, what kind of filtering did you do? I don't think it will be any problem I just think that you probably didn't get it quite as strong as usual. If those are 1 ml syringes then you probably were using kind of a weak solvent.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-09-20), Trodat (11-09-20)

Thanks

We used ISO (99.9%)

Froze the ISO for an hour and them mixed with herb (froze that for about an hour) and then through a cheese cloth and boiled down in a rice cooker.

My main worry was having ISO left in the product but after testing for any form of ignition I'm confident we've got rid of that.

I should add that we did put some water in (about 1ml) near the end to again ensure the ISO was gone.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trodat For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-09-20), Jingo (11-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Trodat View Post
    We used ISO (99.9%)

Froze the ISO for an hour and them mixed with herb (froze that for about an hour) and then through a cheese cloth and boiled down in a rice cooker.

My main worry was having ISO left in the product but after testing for any form of ignition I'm confident we've got rid of that.

I should add that we did put some water in (about 1ml) near the end to again ensure the ISO was gone.
    You can slow cook it on top of stove and get out any remainded.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Jingo (11-09-20), Trodat (11-09-20)

Thanks

I think the cheesecloth may not have filtered as much material as I usually get using coffee filters, I usually filter twice to get rid of sediment and other stuff.

I like to freeze my weed and my alcohol, with weed in the jar and tend to mix it up in, overnight. I don't know that it makes any big difference that's just the way I like to do it.

Then I shake in a jar for 3 minutes I've done multiple tests shaking different times and 3 minutes seems to get the most cannabinoids out and still leave a nice looking product.

The water method is great for making sure you get rid of as much of the ISO as you can, I've never tried holding a flame to it afterwards I kind of think it would just ignite since when I finish I have about 86% oil and the rest is just lipids and waxes.

When I make additions of other things like MCT oil, which I don't use or lecithin in the liquid form which I do use. I usually go from freezing to room temperature several times mixing up each time I do it. Using lecithin you get some kind of scientific name I forgotten but it actually increases the effectiveness of the RSO. The first few mixes in and out of the freezer can be a little off color, by the time I'm finished they're looking dark although depending upon the strength of the RSO I may use more or less lecithin.

J

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    I think the cheesecloth may not have filtered as much material as I usually get using coffee filters, I usually filter twice to get rid of sediment and other stuff.

I like to freeze my weed and my alcohol, with weed in the jar and tend to mix it up in, overnight. I don't know that it makes any big difference that's just the way I like to do it.

Then I shake in a jar for 3 minutes I've done multiple tests shaking different times and 3 minutes seems to get the most cannabinoids out and still leave a nice looking product.

The water method is great for making sure you get rid of as much of the ISO as you can, I've never tried holding a flame to it afterwards I kind of think it would just ignite since when I finish I have about 86% oil and the rest is just lipids and waxes.

When I make additions of other things like MCT oil, which I don't use or lecithin in the liquid form which I do use. I usually go from freezing to room temperature several times mixing up each time I do it. Using lecithin you get some kind of scientific name I forgotten but it actually increases the effectiveness of the RSO. The first few mixes in and out of the freezer can be a little off color, by the time I'm finished they're looking dark although depending upon the strength of the RSO I may use more or less lecithin.

J

You sir are a gent - I was starting to worry that I'd a) f*cked it up and b) was going to give my mate pointless product

I will try and keep the mixed up product in the freezer over night next time and try Lecithin instead of MCT. In regards to the in and out of freezer process, are you simply freezing, defrosting and freezing again?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trodat For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-09-20), Jingo (11-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trodat View Post
    You sir are a gent - I was starting to worry that I'd a) f*cked it up and b) was going to give my mate pointless product

I will try and keep the mixed up product in the freezer over night next time and try Lecithin instead of MCT. In regards to the in and out of freezer process, are you simply freezing, defrosting and freezing again?
    Yeah I mix finished RSO with liquid lecithin and shove it in the freezer overnight pull it out, mix it up back in the freezer pull it out mix it up. If you're in a rush you probably don't have to go overnight but you do need to get it nice and cold.

There is a scientific term for what pharmaceutical companies do to potentiate their product and use less of their pharmaceutical medication. I have just forgotten the name of that process, but using lecithin and going through this process achieves approximately the same thing and magnifies the usefulness of your RSO.

Anyway, what I would do when making my RSO is I would make capsules for my wife and I would keep track of how much lecithin I put in, I would also use some coconut oil which is very much like MCT oil to reduce the strength of the capsules after I had done the in and out lecithin mixes. Some people respond to smaller doses of cannabinoids or microdoses and some you just use maximum rso and just beat the illness over the head.

I wouldn't worry a bit about how you made yours this time The main thing is to see how he responds to concentrated cannabis. If he doesn't respond well then go the opposite direction and try the microdosing.

Other choices if he doesn't respond well would be to use as many roots of administration as possible. So you would eat it smoke it and even take it rectally.If he doesn't like the effect of the high THC then capsules inserted rectally just barely inside will keep him from getting high but still give him all the benefits of the THC and CBD.

If you buy capsules there's one that's more vegetarian than the other and that one tends to break down with RSO in it so you have to put those straight into the freezer and keep them frozen before you fill them. For that reason I always go with the other type. I can't remember it might be the gelatin capsules that are more vegetarian and breakdown easier.

J

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,838 Times

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    Yeah I mix finished RSO with liquid lecithin and shove it in the freezer overnight pull it out, mix it up back in the freezer pull it out mix it up. If you're in a rush you probably don't have to go overnight but you do need to get it nice and cold.

There is a scientific term for what pharmaceutical companies do to potentiate their product and use less of their pharmaceutical medication. I have just forgotten the name of that process, but using lecithin and going through this process achieves approximately the same thing and magnifies the usefulness of your RSO.

Anyway, what I would do when making my RSO is I would make capsules for my wife and I would keep track of how much lecithin I put in, I would also use some coconut oil which is very much like MCT oil to reduce the strength of the capsules after I had done the in and out lecithin mixes. Some people respond to smaller doses of cannabinoids or microdoses and some you just use maximum rso and just beat the illness over the head.

I wouldn't worry a bit about how you made yours this time The main thing is to see how he responds to concentrated cannabis. If he doesn't respond well then go the opposite direction and try the microdosing.

Other choices if he doesn't respond well would be to use as many roots of administration as possible. So you would eat it smoke it and even take it rectally.If he doesn't like the effect of the high THC then capsules inserted rectally just barely inside will keep him from getting high but still give him all the benefits of the THC and CBD.

If you buy capsules there's one that's more vegetarian than the other and that one tends to break down with RSO in it so you have to put those straight into the freezer and keep them frozen before you fill them. For that reason I always go with the other type. I can't remember it might be the gelatin capsules that are more vegetarian and breakdown easier.

J

liposomal encapsulation?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elias For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-20), Jingo (12-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elias View Post
    liposomal encapsulation?
    Thank you for that, for some reason my memory isn't as good as it used to be.

J

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Elias (12-09-20), GEORGE (12-09-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2