Thread: Trichomes and white pistils

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,502 Times

Default Unanswered: Trichomes and white pistils

Day 121 for this auto

Looking at this last plant of mine I ain't sure what to do, As I'm sure I've seen new growth in places. I've took the hours down even more from 18 to 16 at 200 watt only today tho and not sure if I should take hours down even more than that. Max lux is 40k in one place.

I have just looked at trichomes and they just look all cloudy and i seen a few ambers in the places I looked. I'd probably normally start a flush like now or maybe another week or so. My worry is the white pistils, if I take her down can I just chop the buds back abit more than I normally would. Removing the white pistils and anything that looks like new growth ?

Not sure if this is good idea like but I swear she's had long enough. A lot of pistils have turned brown but there is still loads of thick white ones and feel like she ain't getting any further when looking at her but trichomes are telling me other wise pretty much exactly what gardro said on my diary. I swear he is always right

What's your thoughts on this situation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (07-09-20), GEORGE (07-09-20), IceCalibur (07-09-20), Spliff man (08-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times
    Provided Answers: 105

Quote Originally Posted by Stickysticky View Post
    Day 121 for this auto

Looking at this last plant of mine I ain't sure what to do, As I'm sure I've seen new growth in places. I've took the hours down even more from 18 to 16 at 200 watt only today tho and not sure if I should take hours down even more than that. Max lux is 40k in one place.

I have just looked at trichomes and they just look all cloudy and i seen a few ambers in the places I looked. I'd probably normally start a flush like now or maybe another week or so. My worry is the white pistils, if I take her down can I just chop the buds back abit more than I normally would. Removing the white pistils and anything that looks like new growth ?

Not sure if this is good idea like but I swear she's had long enough. A lot of pistils have turned brown but there is still loads of thick white ones and feel like she ain't getting any further when looking at her but trichomes are telling me other wise pretty much exactly what gardro said on my diary. I swear he is always right

What's your thoughts on this situation

That is A monster Sticky. I would just wait until those white one's turn brown, and the white stop growing, before chopping. JMO

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (07-09-20), Shreder (07-09-20), Stickysticky (07-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    That is A monster Sticky. I would just wait until those white one's turn brown, and the white stop growing, before chopping. JMO
    Tell me about it ,she's nuts. I wasn't prepared for big ones and with light height as I ran out of room but I've learnt a lot for future runs To avoid this situation happening again. Well I did think about this but I feel she might just push more out. Maybe reduce hours even less than the 16 I don't know, might be able to get watts down another 10-20w but can't see it making much difference. It's just the light height that has got me by the balls. I wouldn't say there is crazy amounts of light on this girl so hoping they start to brown and no new white ones. I love everyones opinions it gives me options on what to do. Thanks hot shot mate

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (07-09-20), GEORGE (07-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times
    Provided Answers: 105

Tell me about it ,she's nuts. I wasn't prepared for big ones and with light height as I ran out of room but I've learnt a lot for future runs To avoid this situation happening again. Well I did think about this but I feel she might just push more out. Maybe reduce hours even less than the 16 I don't know, might be able to get watts down another 10-20w but can't see it making much difference. It's just the light height that has got me by the balls. I wouldn't say there is crazy amounts of light on this girl so hoping they start to brown and no new white ones. I love everyones opinions it gives me options on what to do. Thanks hot shot mate

Those white one's should turn brown, and when no other white one's grow, she should be done. They don't just keep growing white one's, just until they are through growing.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (07-09-20), Stickysticky (07-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    Those white one's should turn brown, and when no other white one's grow, she should be done. They don't just keep growing white one's, just until they are through growing.
    Fingers crossed then. hopefully not to bloody long, I'm not in no rush anyway. Need to get all sorts ordered for next run and I'm going to give them airpots a try, finally.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-09-20), GEORGE (07-09-20)

11. Default

How close do you have the lights out of interest Stickysticky?

40k Lux seems a lot for 200w ..what are you using to take that reading?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-09-20), GEORGE (07-09-20), Stickysticky (07-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    How close do you have the lights out of interest Stickysticky?

40k Lux seems a lot for 200w ..what are you using to take that reading?
    Lights are 10 inches from a few tops. Two boards each running 100w.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

15. Default

Lights are 10 inches from a few tops. Two boards each running 100w.

Ahh yes 10 inches make sense

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times
    Provided Answers: 23

Well bro id chop a branch dry in 4-5 days test and decide

Looks like a monster. Lovely

Current grow:
    OGKZ / GZ / LSD / GSC / 750w lm301b

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ther-adventure