Thread: Drying - Advice please

Thanks

Default Drying - Advice please

Hi folks

So grew 2 Autos Purple Punch and it was an adventure in tent in the attic but they ended up nice.

Have 5 inch fan extracting and the tent is 3 x 3 shorty with a fan.

Have been pulling air from outside at eaves through the grow to help with temps but now I am drying the temps are below 21c and sometimes go as low as 16c but humidity today was 65% when I got home from work.

Do I need a dehumidifier?

Should I draw air from attic rather than outside air. (North Scotland) Attic is fully insulated.

Thanks

Sorry not put pics up of grow. Next time.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seniten For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (07-09-20), GEORGE (07-09-20), skunkybudmans (07-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,170 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Seniten View Post
    Hi folks

So grew 2 Autos Purple Punch and it was an adventure in tent in the attic but they ended up nice.

Have 5 inch fan extracting and the tent is 3 x 3 shorty with a fan.

Have been pulling air from outside at eaves through the grow to help with temps but now I am drying the temps are below 21c and sometimes go as low as 16c but humidity today was 65% when I got home from work.

Do I need a dehumidifier?

Should I draw air from attic rather than outside air. (North Scotland) Attic is fully insulated.

Thanks

Sorry not put pics up of grow. Next time.
    110% NO NO NO to a dehumidifier it’ll dry them buds out super quick. Make sure there is sufficient air flow around the room and hand them up to dry. Try to lower that humidity if possible to 50% or less If I’m not mistaken. Hope this helps, and good luck
    My Wonderful world of mystery —> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...rld-of-mystery

If I or anyone else has answered your question in the growing questions and answers section please mark it as "Answered". It helps keep the forum tidy!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-09-20), Seniten (07-09-20), skunkybudmans (07-09-20)

Thanks

Thanks

Have them hung up and large fan in tent moving air about plus extractor fan is on half power and pulling air from outside.

What are other options for lowering humidity to 50%?

Do not want to blow it now after all the effort over the hot, for Scotland, summer months!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seniten For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (07-09-20), GEORGE (07-09-20), scoot (10-09-20), skunkybudmans (07-09-20)

7. Default

Plenty of air circulation always helps (no direct airflow on the buds, have it bounce off the tent walls), between 50-60% RH humidity is fine I'd say, but if it gets really bad..

You can (depending on the size of the room the drying tent is in), is actually place the dehumidifier inside the room ...but not the tent itself, this will help balance things out without sucking all the moisture from the buds.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (07-09-20), GEORGE (07-09-20), Seniten (09-09-20), skunkybudmans (07-09-20)

Thanks

Confused - I have been following Growing Guide by Rich Hamilton from start and he states to get humidity level down to 10% but this goes against what others are saying. I know there is a million ways to grow but this is a huge difference. Any idea why?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seniten For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks

Got plenty of air flow and I am trying to pull air from inside attic instead of outside fresh air. Just going to check to see if this has helped.

65% humidity last check and 20c.

Do not want to get this wrong now!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seniten For This Useful Post:

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Seniten View Post
    Confused - I have been following Growing Guide by Rich Hamilton from start and he states to get humidity level down to 10% but this goes against what others are saying. I know there is a million ways to grow but this is a huge difference. Any idea why?
    I've never heard of drying the buds down to a RH humidity level of 10%..that sounds very crispy!!

I know there are differences in personal preferences but that's quite the swing lol.

Many enjoy around 58-62% humidity once in jars.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (07-09-20), GEORGE (07-09-20), Seniten (07-09-20), skunkybudmans (07-09-20)

Thanks

His books have been great up to now but this is a huge difference and makes sense if it was a quick dry but he is talking 7 to 14 days.

I thought I had it nailed but think with weather change and pulling air from outside humidity has went up.

Air flow is really good and have a large fan in the tent moving air about.

Will give it 24 hours and see where we are with air being pulled from in attic.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seniten For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (09-09-20), GEORGE (07-09-20), IceCalibur (07-09-20), skunkybudmans (07-09-20), ToughCall (04-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,032 Times

Default Drying - Advice please

Hello Seniten. Like Ice said 50-60% is fine im to drying buds at day 3 and rh is 60% sometimes 65s. I would say mine are half way there. Just make sure buds are hanging freely, try to hang each brach individually (rather than the whole plant) with plenty airflow but not directly on buds

Also i would just have extraction on if you could and a fan or 2

Good luck pal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to skunkybudmans For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (09-09-20), GEORGE (07-09-20), IceCalibur (07-09-20), Seniten (09-09-20)

Thanks

Thanks.

Just got extractor fan on at half power and large fan on low circulating plenty air. Came back today and now down to 53% and temps are always below 21c.

1st grow panic at the end. After 60 plus days of a steep learning curve you do not want to cock it completely up at the end!

I took a little off and dried it seperately and my word Purple Punch is bloody nice and that is without drying correctly or curing.

Moving house now so already looking forward to the new grow and this time I am building a full grow room.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seniten For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (09-09-20), GEORGE (09-09-20)