Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New g’room humidity is 81% ... oh dear haha

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,170 Times

Default New g’room humidity is 81% ... oh dear haha

Hey

If i was to draw more fresh air into the room will that reduce humidity? It’s on 81% I’ve not put the light on yet, I’ve just turned the fans on full to check what its like. I’ve got passive intake at the mo but its hardly pulling anything in. Ive asked the mrs to order me a 4inch intake fan would that drop the humidity down even further? I ideally want it around 50% lights on / off. That shouldn’t be a problem when the plants go in and they get watered ect.

Cheers
    My Wonderful world of mystery —> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...rld-of-mystery

If I or anyone else has answered your question in the growing questions and answers section please mark it as "Answered". It helps keep the forum tidy!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-09-20), GEORGE (08-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,784 Times

Quote Originally Posted by SyRaX View Post
    Hey

If i was to draw more fresh air into the room will that reduce humidity? It’s on 81% I’ve not put the light on yet, I’ve just turned the fans on full to check what its like. I’ve got passive intake at the mo but its hardly pulling anything in. Ive asked the mrs to order me a 4inch intake fan would that drop the humidity down even further? I ideally want it around 50% lights on / off. That shouldn’t be a problem when the plants go in and they get watered ect.

Cheers
    Dehumidifier mate!

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoSGrower For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-09-20), GEORGE (08-09-20), Skunkpunch (08-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoSGrower View Post
    Dehumidifier mate!

Had a 60quid one before off of ebay and it stopped working haha. Money is tight at the mo so looking for other ideas so i can save for a decent dehumidifier thats also small im lacking space 1.15x1.15

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

7. Default

Hey

Cheers
    Airflow always helps, however, the RH humidity will always be heavily dictated by whatever the humidity is of the air it's pulling into the tent from..I've noticed it's quite humid today too.

Increasing temps helps lower it somewhat, but I personally invested in a dehumidifier and use it in the room the passive air is getting pulled in from, helps a lot...

I see you're wanting to avoid purchasing a dehumidifier, which is fair enough, especially when money is tight, I understand that completely.

Try and make sure there is no run-off in trays etc, and as much airflow as possible.

With good exhaust and intake you will get it as close as possible to the humidity levels from where the air is getting pulled in from.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Airflow always helps, however, the RH humidity will always be heavily dictated by whatever the humidity is of the air it's pulling into the tent from..I've noticed it's quite humid today too.

Increasing temps helps lower it somewhat too, but I personally invested in a dehumidifier and use it in the room the passive air is getting pulled in from, helps a lot.
    Yeah it’s definitely humid today mate that’s what I was thinking the issue could be. I’ve built my room in the old coal shed, insulated and black/white sheeted got around 2 foot of space to the door so I could possibly keep a dehumidifier there I just thought more intake would help slightly

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-09-20), GEORGE (08-09-20), IceCalibur (08-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,784 Times

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post

Increasing temps helps lower it somewhat, but I personally invested in a dehumidifier and use it in the room the passive air is getting pulled in from, helps a lot...

I see you're wanting to avoid purchasing a dehumidifier, which is fair enough, especially when money is tight, I understand that completely.

Try and make sure there is no run-off in trays etc, and as much airflow as possible.

With good exhaust and intake you will get it as close as possible to the humidity levels from where the air is getting pulled in from.
    Agree Ice, at work, hence my short message

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoSGrower For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-09-20), GEORGE (08-09-20), IceCalibur (08-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 63,019 Times

My grooms in a utility room off the garage, been about 65% today. Usually sits at less than 45% now on a day that isn't excessively hot. Airs drawn in from a passive intake, door to garage is always open. Hopefully drop a good chunk tomorrow, dependin on weather innit

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-09-20), Skunkpunch (08-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,506 Times

Yeah the money might be tight but it’s not going to be as much of a kick in the nuts for you compared to having your lady’s get to the end, only for you to end up cropping and load of rotting buds. Good luck and see if you can find that coin for a nice dehumidifier, wishing you the best of the best for you and your green lady’s. That’s before you chop there legs off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Skunkpunch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkpunch View Post
    Yeah the money might be tight but it’s not going to be as much of a kick in the nuts for you compared to having your lady’s get to the end, only for you to end up cropping and load of rotting buds. Good luck and see if you can find that coin for a nice dehumidifier, wishing you the best of the best for you and your green lady’s. That’s before you chop there legs off

The thing is, I’ve got a dehumidifier but it stopped working last grow :/ that was £60 wasted fs haha

Anyone got any ideas for a GOOD dehumidifier thats small?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-09-20), Skunkpunch (08-09-20), Stickysticky (08-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,502 Times

The thing is, I’ve got a dehumidifier but it stopped working last grow :/ that was £60 wasted fs haha

Anyone got any ideas for a GOOD dehumidifier thats small?
    I just bought this one but it's not the cheapest but I think it will last (could be wrong) I paid 150 on amazon. I have 1m by 1m tent. It fitted in fine on the floor but my girls are raised off the floor abit and they were tall so it wasn't in the way for me. If you want one good enough to do the job I imagine it could only be so small. My Rh wasn't as high as yours, when my Rh was high people suggested dehumidifier but i took a chance and bought two more 12 inch fans instead for air circulation. Sure enough one of my girls got rot and I bought a dehumidifier the same day I realized. Get dehumidifier if you can and maybe increase air circulation unless you think it is good enough already. To be fair the girl of mine that got rot was abit lower than the rest so probably wasn't catching a breeze like the others. I lost one girl the other 3 lucky enough didn't but I think it was a close call.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-09-20)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast