Thread: Auto pots

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,262 Times

Default Auto pots

Who uses an auto pot system where the bottom of the pot and soil is submerged in water?

Do they work or does root rot come into play?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keepitquietplease For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-09-20), GEORGE (08-09-20), Le chef (08-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,170 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Keepitquietplease View Post
    Who uses an auto pot system where the bottom of the pot and soil is submerged in water?

Do they work or does root rot come into play?
    I wouldn’t like soil stuck in water personally.
    My Wonderful world of mystery —> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...rld-of-mystery

If I or anyone else has answered your question in the growing questions and answers section please mark it as "Answered". It helps keep the forum tidy!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,262 Times

Quote Originally Posted by SyRaX View Post
    I wouldn’t like soil stuck in water personally.
    I don't want to but need some idea as away for a week and need to water the plants some house

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keepitquietplease For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,170 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Keepitquietplease View Post
    I don't want to but need some idea as away for a week and need to water the plants some house
    I’m sure you can get a low release feeding bottle it’s not ideal, but it’d get you out the shit.. that or soak the shit out of them and hope for the best

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-09-20), GEORGE (08-09-20), Keepitquietplease (08-09-20), Le chef (08-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,419 Times

You could always use a 2l coke bottle. Fill it with water and stick upside down in the soil and has
    the soil drys it will draw it out of the bottle. Just make sure your soil is soaked thru first.
    Can use more then one a pot too if needed.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-09-20), Keepitquietplease (08-09-20), Le chef (08-09-20)

Thanks

I use a 6 pot Autopot XL (100l header tank) gravity fed system with 25 litre pots. 2 grows a year sorts me out for the full 12 months or so.

On the plus side it's a good system and I've never had any problems with the roots sat in the water at all. I always put a layer of about 2/3 inches of clay pebbles and then 70/30 coco/perlite.

Now the downside and the reason I'm going to the alien easy feed system.. Mainly I'm lazy. The pipes on the autopot system block really easily if you don't clean them regularly.. and I'm talking every few days, I lost a couple of plants in the past because of this! This is because they are too bloody small, I think they are 4mm? Plus the filter gets blocked too (but to be fair all easy feed system filters do). The alien uses 13mm pipework so no brainer for me. Autopot say to use synthetic nutrients as these reduce sludge build up.

On the whole, it's still a good system if you want to put the maintenance in.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Gatherer For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (16-10-20), GEORGE (16-10-20), Keepitquietplease (18-10-20)