Thread: Hermaphrodite? Please help!

Thanks

Question Hermaphrodite? Please help!

Hi guys,

This is my first grow and I have six plants, four of undetermined strain (from seeded bud that I germinanted) and two Lemon Amnesia feminised seeds that I purchased.

Everything has been going well so far, and I have just begun the fourth week of flowering. However, I have just noticed today when watering that the "best" plant with the most budlets forming, least signs of stress and greatest vegatative growth has just begun forming what appears to be dreaded male flowers, alongside the female ones that have begun fattening nicely. This is one of the plants I took from seeded buds, so is genetically descended from a hermaphrodite, which could explain the condition given the lack of any signs of stress. I asked the person I bought the bud from and they thought it was Gorilla Glue, which I've also heard has a vulnerablility to this issue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1223.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	387906

Name:	IMG_1220.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	387908

Name:	IMG_1222.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	117.0 KB 
ID:	387907

I have temporarily removed the plant from the tent, to prevent pollination. Would anyone be able to help me on the next steps?

1) Is this a hermaphrodite?
    2) Can I remove the male flowers in order to prevent pollination of the other plants and to keep this one producing female only flowers?
    3) Do I need to remove and destroy?
    4) If I do need to remove, is it worth using to make cannabutter at this stage?

Many thanks!

Art

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Art42 For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (09-09-20), GEORGE (09-09-20), truckerlady420 (09-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

Its a she. And she needs less Nitrogen now

OGKZ / GZ / LSD / GSC / 750w lm301b
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ther-adventure

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-09-20), truckerlady420 (09-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,623 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Shreder View Post
    Its a she. And she needs less Nitrogen now

Its a she with balls and needs to be binned, too many balls to be picking! No value in using right now and to risky to keep.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Art42 (09-09-20), Blue61 (09-09-20), GEORGE (09-09-20), IceCalibur (09-09-20), truckerlady420 (09-09-20)

Thanks

I don't agree with Shreder! Not about the feeding regime, it is not a she, It is a hermi! The first and second pictures clearly showing balls or flower bulbs. I would suggest to take a little ball of each side where found and check for yourself. Stay away from the plant, when squeeze or cut the ball. You will find a little flower with white ish yellow ish powder. Wash hands when observed! One of my "bagseeds" done the same thing. It was mostly "she" and produced some nice big buds, but you will have to keep an eye on it. Even if you pick all balls of the plant, SHE will still try to push out Nana's in order to try to fill the cycle and produce seeds. I picked all balls of my plant and finished the grow. She/it? Produced still some fairly potent bud. Later at stage, after drying and cureing, when breaking up for a smoke, I found quite a few nana's in my bud and 2 seeds!
    Still done the job for me. You will have to decide whether you want to take chances and leave the hermi with the others. I only had 1 plant when I had my hermi, that's why I wanted it finished. Good luck with your grow!

Keep growing, keep toking
    ??

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to truckerlady420 For This Useful Post:

Amnesia auto (09-09-20), Art42 (09-09-20), Blue61 (09-09-20), GEORGE (09-09-20), Jingo (09-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

Sorry folks and ops guess im blind

Its a he she fo sure
    Had to fuckin zoom in

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

Amnesia auto (09-09-20), Art42 (09-09-20), Blue61 (09-09-20), GEORGE (09-09-20), Jingo (09-09-20), truckerlady420 (09-09-20)

Thanks

Yes it's as I feared... It's a real shame because this was the plant that was promising the largest yield, maybe double any of the other five!

As tempting as it is to remove all of the male flowers, I think it's too much of a risk to pollinate the other plants which have so far exhibited no signs of hermaphroditism.

I'll try cooking it up for some butter, it can't hurt! Although I doubt there is much THC at this stage.

Sod's law is I'll remove it and the others will be hermaphrodite also.. it feels like a genetic inheritance rather than through stress so it's a bit annoying after being so careful!

Thanks all,

Art

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Art42 For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (09-09-20), GEORGE (09-09-20), Jingo (09-09-20), truckerlady420 (09-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,623 Times

Your other five plants could be okay, straight males always shoot up much taller than females and a hermaphrodite may very well grow faster also. So your females might just develop normally and be just fine.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Art42 (09-09-20), Blue61 (09-09-20), GEORGE (09-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,170 Times

I’d bin it if I was you and try and remove the femi seed you have out your room for a few hours while you clean your room walls down ect just incase any of them balls have popped.
    My Wonderful world of mystery —> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...rld-of-mystery

If I or anyone else has answered your question in the growing questions and answers section please mark it as "Answered". It helps keep the forum tidy!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

Art42 (09-09-20), GEORGE (09-09-20)