Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Soil or coco? Brands and nutrients help please

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Oh no, I'm not a mentor here on the forum, but we do have a request section if when the time comes you would like one to help guide you (and one is available)

I used straight coco on the advice of my mentor, many mix in perlite, growers preference really.
    What nurtients did you use?
    I'm going to get Canna a and b
    Rhizotinic
    Pk 13/14

Just making sure I'm not missing anything? Could I use bud candy or anything else? Also what silica products do people use and is it necessary? thanks just wanna make sure not missing anything from the list

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UkMedicalGrower For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (09-09-20), GEORGE (09-09-20), Krofam (09-09-20)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by UkMedicalGrower View Post
    What nurtients did you use?
    I'm going to get Canna a and b
    Rhizotinic
    Pk 13/14

Just making sure I'm not missing anything? Could I use bud candy or anything else? Also what silica products do people use and is it necessary? thanks just wanna make sure not missing anything from the list
    CANNA Coco Professional Plus
    CANNA Rhizotonic
    CANNA Coco A & B
    CANNA Pk13/14
    Growth Technology - Liquid Silicon
    Green Planet Massive (not absolutely necessary)
    PH up/down

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (09-09-20), GEORGE (09-09-20), Krofam (09-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times

What cheese are you running? I've looking into big Buddha cheese
    Mainly Exodus cheese (Clone only) I've done the Big Buddha version a few times...Not bad cheese and a good yielder.

Regards BL

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-09-20), IceCalibur (09-09-20), Krofam (09-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

I was wondering what people would recommend for a first time grow? Im looking at doing photos and just need a bulletproof medium and nutrients range to use and there's so many products to choose from
    [Coco might be better than what I'm recommending but I've not enough experience with it to say that it's bulletproof. The talk of coco needing ec and pH meters puts me off. I'm currently trying it without meters. If it really does need meters, I'll sack it. I've been self sufficient without meters for over 10 years. I've no interest in going back to using meters no matter how much more yield I might get from using them.]

3 parts perlite to 1 part vermiculite in 15 litre hempy buckets. Bulletproof. For nutrients, the lucas formula. Bulletproof. For seedlings, full strength form day one. Same mix in veg as in flower. No need to flush. In your case it would be 8ml of General Hydroponics hard water micro and 16ml of GH bloom to 4 litres of tap water.

In the unlikely event of your tap water being too hard for GH hard water micro, then use pH test drops to ascertain what amount of pH adjustment is needed. (Ballpark pH is good enough for passive hydro. Aim for pH 6.2) Once that is established, all you need do is to use the same volume of pH adjuster every mix.

The upside of passive hydro is that every day is a new feed and every new feed resets the ec and pH. We don't need to to know exactly what the ec and pH is. We only need to know that it is good enough to get us through until tomorrow.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-09-20), Krofam (09-09-20)

Thanks

I'm planning my first grow and I will go for soil because I find that a good quality soil it's much more beginner friendly and also more forgiving

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lynoman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-09-20), Krofam (12-09-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2