Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stumped - can't decide if female or hermie - Second opinions please?

Thanks

Default Answered: Stumped - can't decide if female or hermie - Second opinions please?

Hi all,

I'm really stumped on this one.

Information:
    - Tallest of all the plants
    - Been on 12/12 for 11 days
    - The other plants around it are showing very clearly they are female with lots of white pistils
    - This plant took by far the longest to show white pistils and there are only a very small amount of them compared with the other plants.
    - The plant also has slightly different looking characterstics of where the pistils are coming from
    - There is a solid mix of individual seed looking balls - and some of them have two prongs come out of them and it looks like the white hair comes out of that.
    - I haven't seen any clusters of balls
    - the plant just isn''t looking like the others which has me worried and has been very slow to produce any white pistils compared with the rest.

Really hard to take good photos.

Keen for some expert advice / opinions.

Thanks in advance =)

2. "
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ_ View Post
    Ok so what am I doing team? Wait a few more days and if there is any serious ball action / flower / banana action rip it out?
    It's really up to you, in my opinion you have bad genetics and you're going to have a bad outcome. Something I've observed growing cannabis is that male parts and we're talking balls always hang at the end of a shaft. whereas in men the balls always hang under the shaft and then squirrels the balls always hang above the shaft. The main point is male parts have shafts, that thing's sticking out the side of your plant is on the end of a shaft.

You're not getting big clusters, you might want to just pick them off and continue on growing. A lot of it really depends on how much you have to smoke on hand. Old-timers like myself we have so much weed on then we'll just pull that plan out and throw it away.

J

"

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NZ_ For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-09-20), Jingo (10-09-20), Mac (10-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,725 Times
    Provided Answers: 55

Those things kind of remind me about that movie that had a meat-eating plant and it just used to say "feed me", big old mouth with a tongue sticking out to suck you in.

I can definitely see what you mean by the individual balls, that's what I would call them. I've never seen them just open up and put out pistils without throwing off pollen.

I'm not sure that I could let it continue in my grow room. But then I've got plenty of weed on hand and if I have to get rid of a plan so be it.

I can't really say either way what it is you have there.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-09-20), Mac (10-09-20)

Thanks

Thanks, to add to that, when all the other males in the room showed their sex, they had clusters of balls. These are just like individual ones with two small tips coming out, which then turn into the white hair.

I can't seem to find anything robust.

The fact its only 11 days in to 12/12 cycle it would be abnormal for a male to be releasing pollen right? All of the other males were clearly showing their sex around day 4 or 5.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NZ_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks, to add to that, when all the other males in the room showed their sex, they had clusters of balls. These are just like individual ones with two small tips coming out, which then turn into the white hair.

I can't seem to find anything robust.

The fact its only 11 days in to 12/12 cycle it would be abnormal for a male to be releasing pollen right? All of the other males were clearly showing their sex around day 4 or 5.
    I've had them go 2 weeks before they showed sex, it just looks like you got some really bad breeding stock.

J

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-09-20), Mac (10-09-20)

Thanks

I also pulled one of the biggest small balls off and crushed it in my hands, it was pretty much just green plant mush, nothing inside it.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NZ_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've taken some better photos, can anyone help?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NZ_ For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-09-20), Jingo (11-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times
    Provided Answers: 105

Those don't look like balls. JMO

15. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Jingo (11-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times
    Provided Answers: 6

The 5th and 7th photos look like it could be a hermie to me.Ive had similar,when the plant grew just a few of them and i plucked them off and got them to harvest with no problem.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-09-20), Jingo (11-09-20)

Thanks

Ok so what am I doing team? Wait a few more days and if there is any serious ball action / flower / banana action rip it out?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NZ_ For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-09-20), Jingo (11-09-20)

Thanks

It's really up to you, in my opinion you have bad genetics and you're going to have a bad outcome. Something I've observed growing cannabis is that male parts and we're talking balls always hang at the end of a shaft. whereas in men the balls always hang under the shaft and then squirrels the balls always hang above the shaft. The main point is male parts have shafts, that thing's sticking out the side of your plant is on the end of a shaft.

You're not getting big clusters, you might want to just pick them off and continue on growing. A lot of it really depends on how much you have to smoke on hand. Old-timers like myself we have so much weed on then we'll just pull that plan out and throw it away.

J

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-09-20), NZ_ (11-09-20)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast