Thread: Burned tops (in flower)

Thanks

Default Burned tops (in flower)

I'm around 2-3 weeks from harvest, the top buds of two of my plants got burned badly.. i put in a 600W HPS, guess they could not handle it (just LED before this).. i put the HPS way, way higher than recommended for 600w, didn't help for these two, the other 3 plants took it well..

anyways, what should i do with these two with burned tops (the whole main bud is crispy, i'm not sure there will be any new growth). Do i cut it off or leave it, i don't mind having it longer in flower if it means the lower buds will get bigger.. neither of them have good genetics but would be nice to get some yield when you've put in so much work for so many months.

Any input from any experienced grower would be great. Thanks!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CasanovaFrankenstein For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-09-20), Mac (10-09-20), MrC (10-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,962 Times

Mornin mate, put a picture up when ya can. If the buds are still alive then just leave em. I've burned tops with led before, not badly but noticeable.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

CasanovaFrankenstein (10-09-20), GEORGE (10-09-20), Mac (10-09-20)

Thanks

They're in the dark period now, but maybe i can put up an image later. the tops are brownish and it's crisp like a dried bud.. not sure there's gonna be any new growth there. but i guess the stalk itself is alive so maybe?

I still guess the best alternative is to leave it, unless cutting it off will boost the lower buds on the surrounding branches (quite a few of those). I do understand that this would prolong flowering, which i don't mind since i have grow no 2 in there now, which is flowering as well (1+ month behind this grow).

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CasanovaFrankenstein For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-09-20), Mac (10-09-20)

Thanks

Ok mate, when you put a picture up make sure its not under the lights or its harder to tell whats up. Be able to get a proper look at whats goin on

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

CasanovaFrankenstein (10-09-20), GEORGE (10-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,170 Times

If it's burnt the buds its possible there's not enough air flow near the bulb and its just buikt up hear until its burnt it, what shade do you have? I use aircooled hood and i can get it practically touching without issues
    My Wonderful world of mystery —> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...rld-of-mystery

If I or anyone else has answered your question in the growing questions and answers section please mark it as "Answered". It helps keep the forum tidy!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

CasanovaFrankenstein (10-09-20), GEORGE (10-09-20)

Thanks

I took them out of the grow room and looked at them more closely, it's not as bad as i thought, i think there might be some new growth even. So it's all good.

I've moved them further away from the HPS.. i don't have the HPS on for 12h, only for a few hours in the middle of the 12h period.. LED is the way to go to avoid the massive heat from 600W HPS i think. I know there are cooling tubes and whatnot, but i'm not gonna bother with that i think, i rather spend that on another LED light instead. I'll probably not use the HPS at all for the next grow.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CasanovaFrankenstein For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-09-20)

Thanks

Default Hi does anybody know if my plant isnt going todie?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200917_215008.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	388186
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200917_215021.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	388187

Hi does anyone know if those two girls (brice banner#3) are going to die? I grow indoor in led light red blue 5:1 meant to be egual 300 watt, its 4th week for bigger one and 3 weeks for small one, and i think the small one also got blocked the bottom leaves the first ones dryied out and its also strange cuz as can see on the picyures in small one the first leaves started first i got fan as well
    Last edited by Playersed; 17-09-20 at 10:02 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Playersed For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-09-20)

Thanks

3 and 4 wks? Think you better fill this out pal, see what the crack is.

Soil or hydro or coco:

Strain:

Photo or Auto:

plant age:

pot size:

has it been repotted? and when?:

soil type:

nutes or additives used and how often for soil:

Air temps (max min):

Res temps (max min):

humidity:

lighting type and wattage (hps, led, cfl):

Light schedule:

ph level:

EC (hydro and coco only)

Background EC.

feed schedule and nutes (for hydro and coco)

anything else you think may be relevant!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-09-20)