Thread: UK Cannabis Exemption Card?

1. Default UK Cannabis Exemption Card?

Source ;

https://canex.co.uk/more-than-one-mi...cannabis-card/

"From 1 November this year, a new cannabis exemption card will be available to protect medicinal cannabis patients from arrest and legal prosecution in the UK. Over 1 million people in the UK may be eligible for the Cancard through their GPs. The initiative is supported by the Police Federation, medical cannabis patients, and MPs all over the country.

In the UK, there are an estimated 1.4 million severely ill people relying on medical cannabis for its therapeutic effect. Due to the low numbers of these patients being able to access cannabis medicines legally through the NHS, many are forced to rely on cannabis from illicit sources.

The medical use of cannabis was legalised in the UK two years ago following the cases of two epileptic children who benefited from using cannabis gaining substantial media and public attention.

Cancard, which is a holographic photo ID, has been designed by medical cannabis patients in collaboration with senior police officials. The card will be available to people who suffer from conditions that have been prescribed for through private clinics since the law change in November 2018.

Although the recommendations of the National Institute of Health and Care Excellence accounted for the use of medical cannabis for some of these conditions, access through the NHS has remained non-existent. This has meant that, in spite of the law change two years ago, cannabis medications remain beyond the means of all but a few patients.

The Cancard was conceived by Carly Barton, the UK’s most prominent advocate for medicinal cannabis law reform.The scheme has been backed by medical cannabis patients and the Police Federation representing every rank and file police officer in the UK with a working group that includes senior officers from organised crime and the National Police Chiefs Council.

Those eligible, and in possession of a Cancard, will be able to identify themselves to police as verified medicinal cannabis patients and will have access to an open-source legal defence provided by Cancard should they require it."

"The Process

First of all, the patient calls their GP and permits them to confirm their medical condition with Cancard.

The patient will then submit their application, along with a passport photo and their GPs email address.

The GP is sent a form similar to that which is often requested for private health insurance – in that they are merely confirming a diagnosis that meets the eligibility criteria for a private cannabis prescription.

Now, the GP form comes back to Cancard signed for review via email, and finally, the Cancard is released to the patient.

The Cancard application process will not begin until 1st of November 2020, however, patients can register their interest in the scheme from the 9th of September."

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (11-09-20), Cannabug (12-09-20), Cleargreen (16-09-20), GEORGE (10-09-20), Jingo (10-09-20), Mac (11-09-20), redisiel (10-09-20), SyRaX (11-09-20), W.S (15-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

I'd prefer to keep my name off any database like that...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (16-09-20), GEORGE (11-09-20), Mac (11-09-20), prime (15-09-20), Valentina (23-09-20), W.S (15-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,170 Times

It’s not something I would apply for, but the idea is good, I guess.
    My Wonderful world of mystery —> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...rld-of-mystery

If I or anyone else has answered your question in the growing questions and answers section please mark it as "Answered". It helps keep the forum tidy!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (16-09-20), GEORGE (11-09-20), Mac (11-09-20), Valentina (23-09-20), W.S (15-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,958 Times

I suppose for people who just need the nhs stuff for a condition, if it works, but don't use it recreationally ie kids I've seen in the paper where their parents get done for trying to treat them with pot via darknet etc, it can only be a good thing right? One less hassle.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (16-09-20), GEORGE (11-09-20), Mac (11-09-20), W.S (15-09-20)

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I'd prefer to keep my name off any database like that...
    My instant reaction was the same..NOT a list I'd want to be added to.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (16-09-20), GEORGE (11-09-20), Mac (11-09-20), Valentina (23-09-20), W.S (15-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

I assume they wont tolerate grow your own so bad idea for growers who also may have a genuine medical need

But then if the fat cat cannabis is too expensive to treat yourself, doubt any judge would convict if you genuinely had a card and all legit.

I would imagine "random unannounced audit / visit" may be in the small print. No thanks.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (16-09-20), GEORGE (11-09-20), Mac (11-09-20), W.S (15-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    I assume they wont tolerate grow your own so bad idea for growers who also may have a genuine medical need

But then if the fat cat cannabis is too expensive to treat yourself, doubt any judge would convict if you genuinely had a card and all legit.

I would imagine "random unannounced audit / visit" may be in the small print. No thanks.

Trouble is, it's not really what the judge/magistrate thinks. They have to follow sentencing guidelines

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (16-09-20), gardro (11-09-20), GEORGE (11-09-20), Mac (11-09-20), W.S (15-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Trouble is, it's not really what the judge/magistrate thinks. They have to follow sentencing guidelines
    Grim that no judging can occur in court.

Id ask for the free upgrade to Crown court and trail before peers. Being your medical situation with you

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (16-09-20), GEORGE (11-09-20), Mac (12-09-20), W.S (15-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,620 Times

Once the camel has his nose under the tent he'll be sleeping with you.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (16-09-20), gardro (11-09-20), GEORGE (11-09-20), IceCalibur (11-09-20), Mac (12-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,218 Times

Sounds more flexible than the current hemp licence from the home office along with the hefty price tag.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cannabug For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (16-09-20), GEORGE (12-09-20)