Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Canna Card

Thanks

Default Canna Card

So over the past few days I've seen a lot of articles around the Canna Card that is due to launch this November (1st I believe).

Does anyone know how you actually obtain this?

I have RA and use to use several opioids to mask the pain of needing a double hip and knee replacement.

Thanks in advance

P.S. I have checked Google and cant seem to find anything definitive (links with actual info on how/where to apply)

P.P.S. I have also spoken to my GP who hasn't got a clue about anything!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trodat For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,838 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Trodat View Post
    So over the past few days I've seen a lot of articles around the Canna Card that is due to launch this November (1st I believe).

Does anyone know how you actually obtain this?

I have RA and use to use several opioids to mask the pain of needing a double hip and knee replacement.

Thanks in advance

P.S. I have checked Google and cant seem to find anything definitive (links with actual info on how/where to apply)

P.P.S. I have also spoken to my GP who hasn't got a clue about anything!
    You apply through the Cancard UK website, mate

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elias For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-20), Trodat (12-09-20)

5. Default

Hi Troday, I'd say it's very early days with this still and the majority of people I know won't be touching this with a barge pole...at least for now.

However as far as I can see, it explains it a little over at the cancard website (google to find link), seems you need to register with them, then when it opens on 'November 1st 2020' you can 'apply'.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-20), M_C (12-09-20), Trodat (12-09-20)

Thanks

Hahaha trust me to miss the simple solution

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trodat For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Hi Troday, I'd say it's very early days with this still and the majority of people I know won't be touching this with a barge pole...at least for now.

However as far as I can see, it explains it a little over at the cancard website (google to find link), seems you need to register with them, then when it opens on 'November 1st 2020' you can 'apply'.
    Interesting... is that purely down to the law?

I know my local police commissioner is keen to get on board and support it

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trodat For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Many people think the police support their view on cannabis but, from what I have seen & read, the vast majority of senior police officers want you to enrol on a drug rehabilitation scheme (similar to a driver awareness course , after speeding) - it's just a money making scam!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-20), IceCalibur (12-09-20), Trodat (12-09-20)

13. Default

For me personally, I just don't trust it..we have been lied to over and over again with regards to legalisation..so I don't want to end up on a list that gets checked on if they decide to veer off into another direction again as they have done previously (think the current situation regarding legalising medical cannabis here in the UK..and how that went!), I really hope it turns out to be positive step in the right direction, but for now..they don't exactly fill me with confidence

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-20), M_C (12-09-20), Trodat (12-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Many people think the police support their view on cannabis but, from what I have seen & read, the vast majority of senior police officers want you to enrol on a drug rehabilitation scheme (similar to a driver awareness course , after speeding) - it's just a money making scam!
    Interesting, I’d never thought of it like that. I’ve been battling with the NHS for years as I refuse to take opioids and other medication for RA.

I think all comments are valid and it will be interesting to see where it goes! I’m certainly more optimistic then I’ve been before

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trodat For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-20), IceCalibur (12-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Interesting, I’d never thought of it like that. I’ve been battling with the NHS for years as I refuse to take opioids and other medication for RA.

I think all comments are valid and it will be interesting to see where it goes! I’m certainly more optimistic then I’ve been before

If memory serves me, it was Durham's Chief Constable that accidentally leaked this whilst being interviewed about home growers... there is a lot of money for the police to be made if this happens...

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-20), IceCalibur (12-09-20), Trodat (13-09-20)

Thanks

The can card is not recognisable by the government and it does not entitle you to a prescription either there is no value for the card it's self as to get a prescription in the uk you will speak with the GP over video call and then your GP will have medical records ect and it has to go to the UK medicinal cannabis board were they produce your case and why you looking for medical ect then they choose to accept or decline if you get accepted then you pay pharmacy and the script is delivered to you

Bare in mind the prescription or cancard does not really do anything just stops the law taking your prescription tubs of cannabis off you but you can still be arrested for been over the specified limit in your blood and that's set extremely low at 2ug per litre of blood I am currently taking this to court and trial and fighting this as in the UK GP,DVLA,clinics ect all say you can drive if not impaired but unfortunatly if stopped by police this is not the case

20. The Following User Says Thank You to skunkybucket For This Useful Post:

TightNugs (05-02-24)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast