Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First time grow. Possible overwatering?

Thanks

Default First time grow. Possible overwatering?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2940.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	139.1 KB 
ID:	388022

Name:	IMG_2934.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	111.5 KB 
ID:	388023

Name:	IMG_2937.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	388024

Name:	IMG_2939.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	115.7 KB 
ID:	388025

Name:	IMG_2935.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	147.5 KB 
ID:	388026

Hi all, first grow here and I have a couple sick plants. They are all Amnesia Haze Autoflowers. They are 34 days from seed and were doing really well. They are growing in FFHF soil. Im guessing this is an overwatering issue but not sure. They are in 3 gallon smart fabric pots and I was watering till runoff about every 4 days and was checking the top 1inch and it felt mostly dry. The pots also felt a lot lighter so I would water. Well the last week the two plants have looked like this. I gave it another 4 days from watering with a half gallon of pH'd water. The top of the soil felt mostly dry and again the pots felt very light so I watered last night with a half gallon of pH'd water and they still look terrible. Any thoughts would be very helpful!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trogedor For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-20), Greengrass (12-09-20), Jingo (12-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

I'll take a punt that this happens to your plants after say 16 hrs of light then after a rest they pick back up again?
    Happens with all my autos just has they start to bud up and it lasts for me around 7-10 days then back to normal, I think it's just the new buds are growing that quick it's stressing it out
    Have same thing just started now on my 6 week old autos
    It's all gravy,
    just look out for rust spots like magnesium deficiency developing as the nutes that came in your soil diminish around 5 weeks in and most of us soil growers have some Epsom salts on hand to give girls a spray

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-20), Jingo (12-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    I'll take a punt that this happens to your plants after say 16 hrs of light then after a rest they pick back up again?
    Happens with all my autos just has they start to bud up and it lasts for me around 7-10 days then back to normal, I think it's just the new buds are growing that quick it's stressing it out
    Have same thing just started now on my 6 week old autos
    It's all gravy,
    just look out for rust spots like magnesium deficiency developing as the nutes that came in your soil diminish around 5 weeks in and most of us soil growers have some Epsom salts on hand to give girls a spray
    I appreciate the help! Iv'e been sooo worried. The last 4 days or so I switched to a 24hr light cycle from a 20/4 because we got a cold spell and wanted to keep them warm. Now that its warming up again I will switch back to 20/4. That makes sense with Autos as the two problem ones are going into flower now and the healthy one was planted a little later and inst going into flower yet. I put them outside for the day because they were stressing me out and wanted to see if they would perk up in the sun but will move them back in tonight. I'm going to start feeding with the General Hydroponics Flora triple series every other watering and see if they get back to normal soon. I'm also going to water with 1 gallon each time.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trogedor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

This tangerine auto Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8122020191912.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	388030and my other gorilla glue different strains doing exactly same droop, I might throw a pic up of them both looking pissed later on mate
    I use different organic nutes but I start to give a little bit of flowering food and around now, helps give em a nudge but I'd go gingerly
    Mine are on 20 hrs light but switch my hps up to 24 later on
    Is your humidity good at around 50%

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-20), Jingo (12-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,730 Times

I have to agree with greengrass your plants are mature enough to be watered as often as you've been doing it and with the light schedule change I just say they're sleepy. If you are using the organic trio from general hydroponics I can't be of any help, but I do use the regular trio if you want any help you can always tag me. That is if you're on tapatalk.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-20), Greengrass (12-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    This tangerine auto Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8122020191912.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	388030and my other gorilla glue different strains doing exactly same droop, I might throw a pic up of them both looking pissed later on mate
    I use different organic nutes but I start to give a little bit of flowering food and around now, helps give em a nudge but I'd go gingerly
    Mine are on 20 hrs light but switch my hps up to 24 later on
    Is your humidity good at around 50%
    Ok. Yea my humidity has been around 55-60% and im starting to drop it now a bit since its going into flower. I'll try to stay around 40-45%. They sat outside today in the sun and look about the same. I'm going to put them back in the tent and see what the soil feels like tomorrow. It was hot today (I live in CO) so I may feed them tomorrow if they dried out a bit.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trogedor For This Useful Post:

Thanks

[QUOTE=jingo;1071117127]I have to agree with greengrass your plants are mature enough to be watered as often as you've been doing it and with the light schedule change I just say they're sleepy. If you are using the organic trio from general hydroponics I can't be of any help, but I do use the regular trio if you want any help you can always tag me. That is if you're on tapatalk.

J

Right on. I'm going to bring them back inside and let them rest back on the 20/4 light schedule and see how they react.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trogedor For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The pots felt light today from sitting out in the heat yesterday so I went ahead and gave them all a feeding with 1 Gal/ pot and went slow and let them soak in the runoff for a couple mins. They are definitely saturated now and are heavy. I took a runoff pH of 6.0 for all plants. PPM reading of ~650-800 for all three. They still look about the same but will update later on to see how they do after the feeding.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Trogedor For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-09-20)

Thanks

https://imgur.com/a/6TFpXd8

Sooo an update after today. The plants are NOT getting better. The first picture in the album is a small plant that was in the tent with the others and was in similar shape. After a day or two outside it perked right up. So now I'm thinking could it be something with my tent setup??? I have two 300w LED lights 20in away from the plants. I noticed there is some browning on the tips of the new growth and one leaf is burned (possibly from being outside in the heat). But they have not recovered and are really worrying me. Still very droopy and sad looking and to me it looks like some of the leaves are starting to yellow. I feel like I am doing everything I can for them and am so confused. The humidity has been ~50% all day and the temps between 66-76F. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Trogedor; 13-09-20 at 09:45 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Trogedor For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-09-20)

Thanks

I need 4 more posts till I can link the album so...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Trogedor For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-09-20)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast