Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Water! Help we're does it all go?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Personally, if I was to go with a system like that, I'd go drain only, not really interested in the automated watering side of things, but I get why people do
    Yeah thanks I'm looking at the medusa system and would rather hand water as don't really trust those dripper systems to run things by themselfs perfectly and do like a little control, thanks for all the input

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UkMedicalGrower For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (06-03-21), GEORGE (14-09-20), IceCalibur (14-09-20), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (05-03-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UkMedicalGrower View Post
    Right so basically I was looking into doing a grow in coco no more than 6 plants in 12.5 l air pots but I'm now hearing people throwing around silly amounts of water like 250l a week that'll I need to waste somewhere? I expected a bit of run off etc but didn't expect to be using no where near that amount of water and how on earth do I get rid of it from a 1st floor? People suggested those water tank things, all well and good but how many of those can I fill up and at what point is enough enough? I don't want to live with 100s of water butt's in my house full of waste water and nutrients just taking up space, wtf do people do? Buying a pump etc is no issue money isn't the problem, just how on earth am I loosing and even using that amount of water a week for 6 plants?? Baffled. Might just go soil and do everything on cheap and hope for the best cos the numbers I'm getting seem astronomical
    Plants in coco need watering and feeding sometimes 3 times a day, as coco should never dry out. Expensive for nutrients as well, as water. I am now and have been for a good while been an organic soil grower and have never looked back.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bud goode For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (06-03-21), GEORGE (05-03-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UkMedicalGrower View Post
    Oh I know we're all personal it just got me thinking about some of the industrial size legal operations for dispenseries etc.. They must use an unholy amount of water and its shame none if it can be re used and just gets dumped as it will have all my girls food in there still and been run thru them? Sorry coco is all new to me, I just don't want to be wasting lots of water down the sink or bath every week to end up in the seas or environment and it's just criminal that much water haha...

I'm looking into some drip feeding systems or similar, but I'm sitll a bit confused with how I collect all the run off but I assume constant drip feeding won't be as much of a problem.. Presumably some ssytem that could pump it back to the tank? Seems I massively over looked the amount of water I'd be using haha
    Experienced growers get just the right amount of water and nutes they need to feed plants. I dont understand where you are getting all this excess water from and for what ? It's only nutrients and water. Flush it down the bog like everyone else does ha ha. I guess you are talking about runoff water. Much worse stuff goes down our drains than that.
    Last edited by Bud goode; 05-03-21 at 03:30 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bud goode For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bud goode View Post
    Experienced growers get just the right amount of water and nutes they need to feed plants. I dont understand where you are getting all this excess water from and for what ? It's only nutrients and water. Flush it down the bog like everyone else does ha ha. I guess you are talking about runoff water. Much worse stuff goes down our drains than that.
    I should add you only need 15- 20% runoff in coco.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bud goode For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,716 Times

I use a wet vac, I then fill a 50 litre barrel and lump it down the hatch and pour it down the toilet.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (06-03-21), GEORGE (05-03-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (06-03-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

All my water comes from my water butt attached to the guttering. Occasionally dries out in the summer but it holds 100 litres so can last a while without rain.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (06-03-21), GEORGE (05-03-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (06-03-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

I have the runoff fall into a bucket. I'm used to manual feeding now, it's no more of a hassle than doing the dishes.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-03-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,404 Times

I'm using 12ltrs a day to feed my 5 coco hempies,I could get away with 9-10ltrs but I like to give them a good runoff each day,runoff for me goes into a flood and drain tray which I then pump into my basement sump,I do plan on rigging something up after this grow so that the flood and drain tray can run direct to my basement sump,otherwise it was shopvac and toilet,in the summer I use the runoff nutes on trees and plants in my yard.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (07-03-21), GEORGE (06-03-21)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3