Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Low humidity probs!!

Thanks

Default Low humidity probs!!

Hi
    I’m growing autos under a HPS light in a room that’s 3m x2.4m.
    I am struggling to get the humidity up above 30% and have two wet towels draped over the side of a large container and one out of a bucket.
    Money’s tight atm so a humidifier is out of the question just now.
    Does anyone else know of a way of uping the humidity any more?
    I’m on nearly 3 weeks from seed and I thought they would be larger by now(100mm tall but two sets of big leaves with the tops sprouting on again)
    PH is ok in water that I feed withCanna A@B at 10ml per 10L with 10ml rhizotonic fan on low and extraction on low also
    Thanks

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jj71 For This Useful Post:

Dirty_badger (15-09-20), GEORGE (13-09-20), Jingo (13-09-20), Quotientcatalysed (15-09-20)

3. Default

Hi Jj71, good call with the wet towels..you can put some jugs in there too and have the towels half inside the jugs and half outside, creating a 'wick'.

Lowering your temps temporarily (not too low) will also help with increasing humidity along with reducing your extraction fan speed as low as you possibly can whilst keeping that negative pressure, trial and error with that.

You in coco?..and if yes what's your watering schedule, PH and EC?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-09-20), Jingo (13-09-20), Quotientcatalysed (15-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,618 Times

I grow in low humidity all the time, I used to add humidity expecting it to make a big difference in my grows and it doesn't.

You should consider yourself lucky, what it means if you can't get your humidity up now is it'll be perfect when you're in flower. That's when the plants are their biggest and their respirating the most and that's when you don't want high humidity, so you'll be about perfect then and I wouldn't worry about it otherwise.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-09-20), IceCalibur (13-09-20), M_C (13-09-20), Quotientcatalysed (15-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,170 Times

wish I had low humidity like yours lol mines around 60% now with the lights on
    My Wonderful world of mystery —> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...rld-of-mystery

If I or anyone else has answered your question in the growing questions and answers section please mark it as "Answered". It helps keep the forum tidy!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 12,266 Times

My old setup maintained around 45% rh throughout the whole grow, now I've moved and setup a new room it's still hoovering at 45% rh still with temps at 77 degrees fahrenheit.
    Being your in the 30% I would just mist some water with a sprayer from time to time.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to country_budz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

Low rh only problem is when drying they dry up too quick harming taste smell and potency.. maybe slow veg growth. use a cold steam humidifier.

Current grow - OGKZ / GZ / LSD / 750w lm301b

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Hi Jj71, good call with the wet towels..you can put some jugs in there too and have the towels half inside the jugs and half outside, creating a 'wick'.

Lowering your temps temporarily (not too low) will also help with increasing humidity along with reducing your extraction fan speed as low as you possibly can whilst keeping that negative pressure, trial and error with that.

You in coco?..and if yes what's your watering schedule, PH and EC?
    Hi
    Firstly thank you for all the help,don’t know what I’d do without this forum.Hopefully I can give back some answers one day!!
    Yes I’m in coco and I’m watering when dry but so far it’s not every day,it’s 2-3 days.Haven’t watered to run off yet as the first time I gave them a larger amount of water they started to fall over as the coco sunk!!So I’ve watered slowly round the edge of the pots more than at the plant to sink the coco.
    I didn’t pre water the coco pre moving the seedlings into the fabric pots.
    Haven’t got an E.C pen as yet as so much to buy and don’t want a cheap one and buy twice.
    That’s what I’m going to have to do with my P.H pen,as I got a cheap one.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jj71 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-09-20), IceCalibur (13-09-20), Quotientcatalysed (15-09-20)

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jj71 View Post
    Hi
    Firstly thank you for all the help,don’t know what I’d do without this forum.Hopefully I can give back some answers one day!!
    Yes I’m in coco and I’m watering when dry but so far it’s not every day,it’s 2-3 days.Haven’t watered to run off yet as the first time I gave them a larger amount of water they started to fall over as the coco sunk!!So I’ve watered slowly round the edge of the pots more than at the plant to sink the coco.
    I didn’t pre water the coco pre moving the seedlings into the fabric pots.
    Haven’t got an E.C pen as yet as so much to buy and don’t want a cheap one and buy twice.
    That’s what I’m going to have to do with my P.H pen,as I got a cheap one.
    You're welcome man, see that's the great thing about this forum, we all share our opinions and really, in the end, it comes down to our own personal choices on which way to go.

Some don't mind low humidity in veg, others do care and like to stay on top of VPD etc.. but to each their own, when it comes to certain things in growing, there is no wrong way, just preference

Ok so with coco don't let them dry out (although some can and do water every other day in early stages, roughly first week)..everything you know about soil, leave it all behind you, coco needs watering daily (seriously), aim for 20% runoff on a daily basis, and trust me, it really does need it daily.

Coco shouldn't be allowed to get dry, it's basically hydroponics.

I know some grow in coco without a PH or EC pen but most new growers to coco do need them, they're really important to have in my opinion.

I used an essentials EC pen, and it did me well. The bluelabs truncheon is considered by many to be the best, but expensive), you can go for the PH pen of the same model too (essentials)..many recommend them.

If not there is Bluelabs PH pen, or PH pal plus (another great choice).

Since you're new to coco, have a good read of this thread (if you haven't already) --> New Growers Guide To Canna Coco And Nutrients

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-09-20), Quotientcatalysed (15-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

With my autos I find that they don't suffer until I drop to around 25% RH - which is just as well as it's hard to keep my humidity high... it usually is around 35-40%

I tried a humidifier once, it would only go about 18 hours before running out of water And, with our water being hard, it killed the humidifier
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-09-20), IceCalibur (13-09-20), Quotientcatalysed (15-09-20)

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    With my autos I find that they don't suffer until I drop to around 25% RH - which is just as well as it's hard to keep my humidity high... it usually is around 35-40%

I tried a humidifier once, it would only go about 18 hours before running out of water And, with our water being hard, it killed the humidifier
    I didn't know you had hard water M_C..what's your background EC mate?

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-09-20), M_C (13-09-20), Quotientcatalysed (15-09-20)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast