Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seeds not poppin soil :(

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,170 Times

Default Seeds not poppin soil :(

Got 4 cindys under a 600hps air cooled temps around 26, 60+% rh. Its been 4 days now and they still haven’t broke soil.. all the seeds had cracked before i planted um and gave um a bit of water to get them going... 18/6 cycle atm anyone got any ideas or are they just being slow.... its been a while.
    My Wonderful world of mystery —> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...rld-of-mystery

If I or anyone else has answered your question in the growing questions and answers section please mark it as "Answered". It helps keep the forum tidy!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (13-09-20), GEORGE (13-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SyRaX View Post
    Got 4 cindys under a 600hps air cooled temps around 26, 60+% rh. Its been 4 days now and they still haven’t broke soil.. all the seeds had cracked before i planted um and gave um a bit of water to get them going... 18/6 cycle atm anyone got any ideas or are they just being slow.... its been a while.
    Give it time mate they’ll come up but also 600w hps is pointless for the veg stage let alone the seedling stage if you’re ballasts a dimmer one id put a 250 bulb in for now save the 600 for flower also I tend to cover the pot with a cling film or bag but as soon as it starts to break through take it off lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chunksdependable For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (13-09-20), GEORGE (13-09-20), SyRaX (13-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chunksdependable View Post
    Give it time mate they’ll come up but also 600w hps is pointless for the veg stage let alone the seedling stage if you’re ballasts a dimmer one id put a 250 bulb in for now save the 600 for flower also I tend to cover the pot with a cling film or bag but as soon as it starts to break through take it off lol

I’ll try the trusted T5 in there for a couple of days saves me some electricity too lol

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SyRaX View Post
    I’ll try the trusted T5 in there for a couple of days saves me some electricity too lol
    Yeah you’d be okay for longer mate you don’t really need the light on until they break through maybe turn the light off

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chunksdependable For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (13-09-20), GEORGE (13-09-20), SyRaX (13-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Chunksdependable View Post

That is a standard mistake that Photo growers make with autos... and then they complain about low yields
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (13-09-20), Bud Lightyear (13-09-20), Chunksdependable (13-09-20), GEORGE (13-09-20), Shreder (13-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

If you didn't germ your seeds first, it will be A while before they come up.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (13-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    If you didn't germ your seeds first, it will be A while before they come up.
    I germed them enough for the seeds to of cracked, but didn't have a massive taproot but you could see it forming hopefully something happens soon im inpatient and excited to get something onthe go again its been too long

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times

Best method that works for me is....Lay the seed on top of a very light seedling & cutting compost don't compact it just gently tap the pot a couple times on a hard surface to settle it in, then mist the top of the compost with water in a spray bottle and sprinkle fresh compost covering the seed around 3~4 mm then mist it again till it's damp not sopping wet...If you have already pre hatched the embryo it will break ground in around 12~24 hrs...keeping the medium light and fluffy is the key, if it's shit compacted compost the seedings can run out of puff trying to break through, bit like an ant trying push an elephant of its back Oh and humidity is irrelevant at this stage, as long as the compost is moist and warm they will sprout providing they are viable in the first place...

Regards BL

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-09-20), Shreder (13-09-20), SyRaX (13-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Best method that works for me is....Lay the seed on top of a very light seedling & cutting compost don't compact it just gently tap the pot a couple times on a hard surface to settle it in, then mist the top of the compost with water in a spray bottle and sprinkle fresh compost covering the seed around 3~4 mm then mist it again till it's damp not sopping wet...If you have already pre hatched the embryo it will break ground in around 12~24 hrs...keeping the medium light and fluffy is the key, if it's shit compacted compost the seedings can run out of puff trying to break through, bit like an ant trying push an elephant of its back Oh and humidity is irrelevant at this stage, as long as the compost is moist and warm they will sprout providing they are viable in the first place...

Regards BL
    You know Bud, I use to think the same thing, until I seen the way they plant there outdoor plants in Clay in The Atlanta area. That ground is hard as A rock, but yet the seeds still come up through it. lol

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (13-09-20), SyRaX (19-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    You know Bud, I use to think the same thing, until I seen the way they plant there outdoor plants in Clay in The Atlanta area. That ground is hard as A rock, but yet the seeds still come up through it. lol
    Hard work for the roots to permeate the ground though I reckon, all about giving them the best start is my way of thinking

Regards BL

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-09-20), SyRaX (19-09-20)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast