Thread: Best nutes for really hard water in coco?

Thanks

Default Best nutes for really hard water in coco?

As the title says really.. Just wondering what other people use for nutrients when growing in coco with terrible tap water.. I've not measured ppm or ec of it yet but its hardest in the county so is there anything I should consider nutrient wise? Or do they all do the trick regardless of water quality.. I understand I won't be need cla mag either? Many thanks

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UkMedicalGrower For This Useful Post:

Elias (15-09-20), GEORGE (14-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,622 Times

Quote Originally Posted by UkMedicalGrower View Post
    As the title says really.. Just wondering what other people use for nutrients when growing in coco with terrible tap water.. I've not measured ppm or ec of it yet but its hardest in the county so is there anything I should consider nutrient wise? Or do they all do the trick regardless of water quality.. I understand I won't be need cla mag either? Many thanks
    Many nutrient companies have a hard water line, we have a newer member, but an old time grower on here who does the Lucas method using hard water micro from general hydroponics. He says he doesn't pH or worry about his background water at all. That said, gener hydroponics does have a hard water line.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Cont3 (14-09-20), Elias (15-09-20), GEORGE (14-09-20), IceCalibur (14-09-20), Quotientcatalysed (15-09-20), UkMedicalGrower (14-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,838 Times

My tap water has an EC of 0.9. I grow in coco and use Canna A&B without any problems.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elias For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-09-20), Jingo (15-09-20), UkMedicalGrower (15-09-20)

Thanks

Measure it first

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quotientcatalysed For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-09-20), Jingo (15-09-20)

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Elias View Post
    My tap water has an EC of 0.9. I grow in coco and use Canna A&B without any problems.
    Holy moly, you're the only one I know with a higher EC than me lolol..would love to see one of your grows here on the forum

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-09-20), Jingo (15-09-20), UkMedicalGrower (15-09-20)

Thanks

Hard water nutes send your ph right down if needed - what is your background ph? Vitalink coir classic grow/bloom does a hard water variant. I bought one by mistake once, my water comes out the tap at 7.0, with the vitalink hard water I wound up at 4.5ph after adding the nutes, the nutes normally take me to about 6.5 ph. I then had to add loads of ph up which sent my ec through the roof...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigjaw For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-09-20), Jingo (16-09-20)