Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 61 to 74 of 74

Thread: First go at cloning. First go at cloning.

  1. #61

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,517
    Thanks
    2,594
    Thanked 8,732 Times in 2,828 Posts

    Default

    Any roots yet dude?

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dirty_badger For This Useful Post:

    Blue61 (14-10-20), hotshot (14-10-20), MrCannab1sir (14-10-20)

  3. #62

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Royston Vasey
    Posts
    3,740
    Thanks
    6,357
    Thanked 16,228 Times in 3,752 Posts

    Default

    Haha, well I think 2nd time round I fucked up again. I didn't put them in the root cubes that firmly, kinda pushed them in then pulled out a bit, which makes no sense as lookin back I imagine they need proper firm contact with the cube. So I pulled some and they came straight out, but 2 wouldn't budge at all and one popped out and I could see the root poking out the bottom lol, so shoved it bk and said a little prayer. So now I've put those 3 in 500ml pots in soil so I can keep it wet easier. These were ones where the leaves were getting drained

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrCannab1sir For This Useful Post:

    Blue61 (14-10-20), Dirty_badger (14-10-20), hotshot (14-10-20)

  5. #63
    shrederzizizi Guest

    Default

    Hey mukka its shreder i just lost access to my account (workin on it with MC)

    anyways dont worry, this is what i find to work best for cloning, after numerous attempts with inconsistent results.

    use root riot cubes.!! i cannot stress this enough, ive had clones taken from same plant, some in rockwool some in riots. riots rooted within 5-8 days, rockwools up to 3 weeks.
    then. first week i leave the propagators lid closed, open for refreshment and let new air in every day or every couple days. i leave it open for w\e amount of time may it be an hour or 10 mins, usually when im working the groom ill do it, so i dont forget to close it... i make sure to spray them with water whenever i open the lid. this way even if i forget closing, they will still humid. whenever i spray the cuttings, ill spray the dome from the inside as well. second and third week (with rockwools) i keep the lid partially open to let new air in, with riots of course u dont need to, as you will just transplant as soon as you see some nice roots sticking out.

    low lights!!
    id say this helped greatly with keeping my cuttings green. whenever i give them strong lights, they go yellow and crisp. by low lights i mean i put a 50w cfl on a ladder, about 1m away from the propagtor, so they barely get any light, its really like theyre in a shaded place, ill send you a picture when im there again.

    so in sum

    root riots > rockwool
    open once a day for a little while
    spray cuttings and inside of dome \ propagator
    low lights \ shaded area

    i use clonex gel... i guess it helps
    and make sure the rockwools \ riots stay moist, not wet as this can cause mold but dont let em go dry
    Last edited by shrederzizizi; 14-10-20 at 04:27 PM.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shrederzizizi For This Useful Post:

    Easy-T (14-10-20), hotshot (14-10-20), MrCannab1sir (14-10-20)

  7. #64

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Royston Vasey
    Posts
    3,740
    Thanks
    6,357
    Thanked 16,228 Times in 3,752 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shrederzizizi View Post
    Hey mukka its shreder i just lost access to my account (workin on it with MC)

    anyways dont worry, this is what i find to work best for cloning, after numerous attempts with inconsistent results.

    use root riot cubes.!! i cannot stress this enough, ive had clones taken from same plant, some in rockwool some in riots. riots rooted within 5-8 days, rockwools up to 3 weeks.
    then. first week i leave the propagators lid closed, open for refreshment and let new air in every day or every couple days. i leave it open for w\e amount of time may it be an hour or 10 mins, usually when im working the groom ill do it, so i dont forget to close it... i make sure to spray them with water whenever i open the lid. this way even if i forget closing, they will still humid. whenever i spray the cuttings, ill spray the dome from the inside as well. second and third week (with rockwools) i keep the lid partially open to let new air in, with riots of course u dont need to, as you will just transplant as soon as you see some nice roots sticking out.

    low lights!!
    id say this helped greatly with keeping my cuttings green. whenever i give them strong lights, they go yellow and crisp. by low lights i mean i put a 50w cfl on a ladder, about 1m away from the propagtor, so they barely get any light, its really like theyre in a shaded place, ill send you a picture when im there again.

    so in sum

    root riots > rockwool
    open once a day for a little while
    spray cuttings and inside of dome \ propagator
    low lights \ shaded area

    i use clonex gel... i guess it helps
    and make sure the rockwools \ riots stay moist, not wet as this can cause mold but dont let em go dry
    Thought you'd changed your name by deed poll at first . I think I was a bit lax after I had to move them out my home made prop. Was too cold in the room, needed to get a 1ft tube heater. I think I can get the prop in the bottom section of my cupboard if I have a play around and move some stuff up. At least I know 1 is definitely working, even if I may have fucked it by pullin it out Wasn't a long root but it was thick. Cheers for the advice mate, I'll get there, all this has been kick started early by doin the BD photo by mistake lol

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrCannab1sir For This Useful Post:

    Blue61 (14-10-20), hotshot (14-10-20)

  9. #65

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    south east coast u.s.a.
    Posts
    467
    Thanks
    11,467
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 393 Posts

    Default

    I like root riots myself. Can't stress enough to scrape the outside of the stem
    about an inch and half and dip in clonex gel. I would take the clones
    from the BD now. It will have to revert back to veg before it roots
    so will take a bit longer.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (14-10-20), MrCannab1sir (14-10-20)

  11. #66

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Royston Vasey
    Posts
    3,740
    Thanks
    6,357
    Thanked 16,228 Times in 3,752 Posts

    Default

    Our first success boys. Look at those lovely roots. I put a cple of the clones in cups of soil even though no roots were poking out the cube and hey presto

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

  12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MrCannab1sir For This Useful Post:

    Blue61 (19-10-20), Cannabug (19-10-20), Easy-T (19-10-20), gardro (19-10-20), hotshot (19-10-20), IceCalibur (19-10-20), Lowrollerbean (20-10-20), Valentina (21-10-20)


  13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

    Blue61 (19-10-20), Easy-T (19-10-20), hotshot (19-10-20), Lowrollerbean (20-10-20), MrCannab1sir (19-10-20)

  14. #68

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,517
    Thanks
    2,594
    Thanked 8,732 Times in 2,828 Posts

    Default

    Booom

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

  15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dirty_badger For This Useful Post:

    Blue61 (19-10-20), Easy-T (19-10-20), hotshot (19-10-20), Lowrollerbean (20-10-20), MrCannab1sir (19-10-20), Valentina (21-10-20)

  16. #69

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Royston Vasey
    Posts
    3,740
    Thanks
    6,357
    Thanked 16,228 Times in 3,752 Posts

    Default

    Well chuffed, can keep this goin somewhere and keep it squat, then just take clones when I wanna do blue dream. Gonna take a cutting or 2 off the Liberty as well and keep a mother of that. Only noticed by accident lol, was looking at something else

  17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrCannab1sir For This Useful Post:

    Blue61 (19-10-20), Easy-T (19-10-20), hotshot (19-10-20), Lowrollerbean (20-10-20)

  18. #70

    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Up there
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    158
    Thanked 179 Times in 87 Posts

    Default

    I am very impressed with your DIY setup. Job well done!!!

  19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dionysos For This Useful Post:

    Blue61 (19-10-20), hotshot (19-10-20), Lowrollerbean (20-10-20), MrCannab1sir (19-10-20), Valentina (21-10-20)

  20. #71

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Royston Vasey
    Posts
    3,740
    Thanks
    6,357
    Thanked 16,228 Times in 3,752 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysos View Post
    I am very impressed with your DIY setup. Job well done!!!
    Cheers, got a bit cold in there, so had to setup elsewhere. But seems to be doin the job

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrCannab1sir For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (19-10-20), Lowrollerbean (20-10-20)

  22. #72

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    south east coast u.s.a.
    Posts
    467
    Thanks
    11,467
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 393 Posts

    Default

    Happy for ya mate. Now you just need
    another tent to keep all your mothers in. LOL

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (19-10-20), Lowrollerbean (20-10-20), MrCannab1sir (19-10-20)

  24. #73

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Free Society
    Posts
    342
    Thanks
    701
    Thanked 979 Times in 336 Posts

    Default

    And their off

  25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cannabug For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (19-10-20), Lowrollerbean (20-10-20), MrCannab1sir (19-10-20)

  26. #74

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Royston Vasey
    Posts
    3,740
    Thanks
    6,357
    Thanked 16,228 Times in 3,752 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue61 View Post
    Happy for ya mate. Now you just need
    another tent to keep all your mothers in. LOL
    Don't remind me lol, think I'll make do with the cupboard and keep em small, save tryin to make another groom somewhere

  27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrCannab1sir For This Useful Post:

    Blue61 (19-10-20), hotshot (19-10-20), Lowrollerbean (20-10-20), Valentina (21-10-20)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


THCtalk.com Disclaimer - You must be over 18 years old to view/use this site .THCtalk.com does not encourage growing Cannabis or possessing Cannabis. Learning how to grow Cannabis instructions should be for educational purposes only. All Information contained in this web site is for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and Educational purposes only. Visitors to this website are advised against breaking the law as It is illegal to smoke, grow, or possess cannabis in the UK and some US States