Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Recommendations on a new light for a 2x4 Tent please

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    You can have any light in there mate the question is how much do you want to spend
    Price isn't too much of an issue! Could spend maybe up to 500 maybe 600 for the right light!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bainslie42 For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (18-09-20), Farmer Geddon (18-09-20), GEORGE (18-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elias View Post
    I have that same tent. If you can pull cold air in at night then maximum 400w HPS (cool tube even better) with a 5 inch extraction but still a bit too warm imo. I’ m just making the switch to LED.
    Currently running a 5" extractor!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bainslie42 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bainslie42 View Post
    Hello all! I've recently purchased a 2x4 ft tent standing at 180cms! I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas or experiences with different lights in this size tent! Many thanks

Not a tent but my cupboard is 7 sft and I'm using a 315w cmh.

So it's not just me that has the carbon filter on the outside then. It does free up a lot of room having the filter and/or fan on the outside. If you are going to do more than one grow a year in that room, I strongly recommend that you have another fan to blow the humid air outside. An Xpelair will do.

I'm running my cmh from 8pm to 8am. Not just to keep temps down but for added security as the meter reader has to walk past the cupboard. I also have a 6w led running 24/0. Not needed with these autos, it's there in case I do photos. I can flip to 12/12 by unplugging the led.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

Bainslie42 (18-09-20), Blue61 (18-09-20), GEORGE (18-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Geddon View Post
    Not a tent but my cupboard is 7 sft and I'm using a 315w cmh.

So it's not just me that has the carbon filter on the outside then. It does free up a lot of room having the filter and/or fan on the outside. If you are going to do more than one grow a year in that room, I strongly recommend that you have another fan to blow the humid air outside. An Xpelair will do.

I'm running my cmh from 8pm to 8am. Not just to keep temps down but for added security as the meter reader has to walk past the cupboard. I also have a 6w led running 24/0. Not needed with these autos, it's there in case I do photos. I can flip to 12/12 by unplugging the led.
    Definitely frees up alot of space, I'm going to make a silencer box for it at some point when we're more settled into our new home!
    Hopefully will see better results in this tent after the last tent been only 90X60X90
    Planning to be growing year round with maybe setting up my smaller tent as a seedling/early veg tent!

I'm thinking for the light! From what I've read on the SP3000, its likely going to be that one! Looks pretty decent!

Definitely going to have to invest in a fan of some sort as the back bedroom where we have the tent is rather humid!
    Thanks for the comment dude

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bainslie42 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-09-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2