Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: To Harvest or Not To Harvest - This is my question

Thanks

Default What will I lose by harvesting now

Quote Originally Posted by Shreder View Post
    Yes, and by overall looks, but again id wait at least another week

Current grow - OGKZ / Gelat.OG / GZ / LSD / 750w lm301b
    OK, you would wait as you are an experienced grower..and do things right.

I miscalculated everything (timewise) and am caught in a pinch with airline tickets to fly...LOL

What will I lose by harvesting now:

Quantity?

THC content?

Taste of the smoke?

If I harvest now, what will I be loosing. Will it give me same effects now as it would in a week or will I lose out on that aspect?

Will there be a big difference in the smoke taste or flavor?

The reason I'm wanting to harvest now is that I have a planned trip to visit in Nevada around the time I should be finishing curing.

Actually I'm already cutting it close as it is.

I talked to someone the other day and was to that drying should take 2 weeks to do it right. I thought drying was a few days..Oooops

That puts more pressure to harvest now on the situation.

I want to cure it properly for a month...Man this is really a close timetable.

I will be like finishing curing and getting on a plane the next day...

Basically, I when I started I had no idea about these timetables.

My tomatoes are done and eaten for the year and I'm still messing with this plant. Arrrrrrrrg

I really appreciate your help

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3rdMarDiv For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (19-09-20), GEORGE (19-09-20), Shreder (19-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

Good questions my man, time planning is key really...

So, thc content is pretty much set already, personally i wouldnt bother bout thc % at all... Just the type of high i enjoy end of day 90% of strains will deliver a good strong high if grown properly..

Youd lose a bit taste n smell, maybe... Yield... Give or take 5-10%? Hard to tell really man we aint scientist here lol ..

You will enjoy the high either way i suppose...

Drying takes 5 to 10 days +- depends on bud density etc... Keep between 50 and 60% rh in dark and cool place.. 20-25c is good..

For curing you need a big jar or some smaller jars, masons or any other good sealed jars, fill it up 3/4. open at least every couple days after shaking the jar a little to seperate buds from each other.. keep doing that for 3-4 weeks and then just let it be.. you could get some of these humidity regulators in the jars

Good luck brother, and congrats on upcoming harvest =)

Ongoing diary >>> OGKZ / Gelat.OG / GZ / LSD (Coco, 750w lm301b)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-09-20)

Thanks

I really appreciate the information and you likely do know more than scientists about this subject.

At least I am armed with additional info, much of which, I did not have before.

I'm sure other members and readers will find this post as informative as I have.

I'm going to stretch out the growing as close as I can.

At least now I know that if push comes to shove I can proceed with harvest and still have a successful and productive first grow.

Thanks for pictures...Great motivation for growing your own weed.

Take Care and "I'll Be Back" with more questions about next years seed selection...LOL

Until then, you take care

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3rdMarDiv For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (19-09-20), GEORGE (19-09-20), Shreder (19-09-20)

Thanks

Default Closing Statement

Just a final update...In case any reader is wondering what happened...LOL

I actually have a large support group assisting in my first grow, which included, a 6 year indoor grower, a 2 year outdoor grower, 3 other 12-15 year indoor and outdoor growers and of course this forum (Special thanks to Shreder and Icecalibur). This site was another considered opinion as I am big on double, double, double checking everything that is important to me.

They all turned out to also be very knowledgeable about growing as they all did offer the same advice. Literally, the exact same advice.

What I did was to wait the week and then I added 3 days, so 10 days longer.

I did vary the harvest by taking the top half first and getting them drying first. After 7 days I used a moisture meter and started curing at 12%. I then, a couple days later, cut and trimmed the lower branches which are still drying and soon to jarred up. (today or tomorrow).

So, upper half waited 10 days and then 10 days later took the lower half.

I'm using a VAC 800 Foodsaver with the wide mouth jar attachment to cure and save the weed both short and long term. (32oz)

I visually and microscope examined the upper and lower halves there was a real difference. The lower half looked more like the upper half a week earlier. What the hell, why not wait. Plus, if I screwed up anything with the upper half drying it gave me a second chance to save the lower half..LOL

I also like the idea of having 3 different types of pot by letting the bottom half get more amber. (20%) Smoking them separately offers 2 types and mixing them 50/50 gives me a 3rd variable.

Will mark the containers by date and upper and lower designation.

I had already taken a nice big nugg (from a lower branch inside close to the stalk) prior to cutting anything a just left it out on my kitchen counter to dry fast and after putting the lower half into the dry room (my upper floor bath room..LOL) I smoked some of the nugg.

I got me some fine shit here boys and girls..!

I'm sure the outer buds will really be the cats meow.

I will also pony up and send this site some cash, as well as, make here my new weed home...Happy trails
    Last edited by 3rdMarDiv; 03-10-20 at 02:41 PM. Reason: additions

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 3rdMarDiv For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (03-10-20), GEORGE (03-10-20), IceCalibur (03-10-20), Shreder (03-10-20)

9. Default

Really happy to read this..I'm glad you're really pleased with your home grown!

No need to send any cash to the site at all..the forum is about spreading good information, so feel free to share anything you've learned with others

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (03-10-20), Blue61 (03-10-20), GEORGE (03-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdMarDiv View Post
    Just a final update...In case any reader is wondering what happened...LOL

I actually have a large support group assisting in my first grow, which included, a 6 year indoor grower, a 2 year outdoor grower, 3 other 12-15 year indoor and outdoor growers and of course this forum (Special thanks to Shreder and Icecalibur). This site was another considered opinion as I am big on double, double, double checking everything that is important to me.

They all turned out to also be very knowledgeable about growing as they all did offer the same advice. Literally, the exact same advice.

What I did was to wait the week and then I added 3 days, so 10 days longer.

I did vary the harvest by taking the top half first and getting them drying first. After 7 days I used a moisture meter and started curing at 12%. I the cut and trimmed the lower branches which are still drying and soon to jarred up. (today or tomorrow).

I'm using a VAC 800 Foodsaver with the wide mouth jar attachment to cure and save the weed both short and long term. (32oz)

I visually and microscope examined the upper and lower halves there was a real difference. The lower half looked more like the upper half a week earlier. What the hell, why not wait. Plus, if I screwed up anything with the upper half drying it gave me a second chance to save the lower half..LOL

I also like the idea of having 2 different types of pot by letting the bottom half get more amber. (20%)

I had already taken a nice big nugg (from a lower branch inside close to the stalk) prior to cutting anything a just left it out on my kitchen counter to dry fast and after putting the lower half into the dry room (my upper floor bath room..LOL) I smoked some of the nug.

I got me some fine shit here boys..!

I'm sure the outer buds will be the cats meow.

I will also pony up and send this site some cash, as well as, make here my new weed home...Happy trails
    Nice one bro
    What u mean cure at 12%?
    You want to cure at roughly 60% rh man

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (03-10-20), GEORGE (03-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shreder View Post
    Nice one bro
    What u mean cure at 12%?
    You want to cure at roughly 60% rh man

12% on the moisture meter. The buds were reading at 19% when first trimmed. I'm using a wood/drywall moisture meter.

Also, can't find a donate tab...Maybe there isn't one..?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3rdMarDiv For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (03-10-20), GEORGE (03-10-20)

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdMarDiv View Post

Also, can't find a donate tab...Maybe there isn't one..?
    There isn't one..like I said, no need to donate us any cash to this forum, just spread and share the knowledge man

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (03-10-20), Blue61 (03-10-20), GEORGE (03-10-20), Greengrass (03-10-20), Shreder (03-10-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2