Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Local Lockdown

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,838 Times

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Absolutely horrible Elias..a family member died from covid my side, was a terrible time and what's worse is he died alone in the hospital with no family around him.

It's truly heartbreaking to read the stories sometimes so I limit my exposure to the news to once a day with anything covid related.
    Sorry to hear that, mate

My friend knows of two others where the whole family got infected. 3 weeks in hospital for both parents and they’ve been left with fucked lungs.

I don’t watch the news anymore. I also do t believe the death rate either. I was carrying out some maintenance work at a care home. Whilst I was there, a resident died. Nothing to do with COVID but that’s what went on the death certificate (so I was told by the manager) because he couldn’t go to hospital because of COVID!

But one things for sure. The virus IS real and certainly taking lots of lives.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elias For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (20-09-20), gardro (20-09-20), GEORGE (20-09-20), IceCalibur (20-09-20), Lowrollerbean (21-09-20), Valentina (20-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Im glad that now theres 10,000 reasons not to break isolation

You can speed if you like and drive past speed cameras but dont complain when you get caught.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (20-09-20), GEORGE (20-09-20), Herbitual (20-09-20), IceCalibur (20-09-20), Lowrollerbean (21-09-20), Valentina (20-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,618 Times

Those people that are dying of the horrible lung damage, that's what my immune system does to me all on its own. Cytokine damage. That's everybody else's immune system reacting and anything that will drop cytokines will help. There's good research about cannabis dropping cytokines and there's even research of using cannabis to treat coved with some success.

I still go out, I wear an n95 mask and I have great hand sanitizer that I use liberally. I basically follow the protocols that my wife and I have followed every year there's been a bad flu outbreak since she got her bone marrow transplant. No more going to church, no more going to plays or movies that kind of stuff. But we still go shopping for food and we still do the drive-thru at McDonald's and we still go to farmers markets. we just prefer not to congregate indoors with people and nobody comes in our house.

The funny thing is in my area there's a bunch of 70 and 80-year-olds walking around without masks and they aren't getting sick. Or they are getting sick they don't know they're sick and they're getting over it.

All I can really say for sure is if you get diagnosed by a hospital as having covid 19, they get an extra $15,000. The government has made sure you don't have to pay for it, but the charge is there. If you come in and you're dying and there's no way to save your life and they hook you up to a respirator just before you die they get another $59,000. Maybe that's why there's so many coved cases and so many deaths reported as covid.

In a bad flu season we have one or two deaths among the less than 5,000 people that live in my county. This year we have had nine total. I only know of one young healthy person that didn't have any other pre-existing conditions and was counted among the deaths.

The thing that really bothers me is the global censorship that was instituted especially in the social networks, even our news media is still parenting communist Chinese talking points. I really think the desire is a one-world communist government. At least they were prepared for that!

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-09-20), IceCalibur (20-09-20), Lowrollerbean (21-09-20), Valentina (20-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Sorry to hear of your family member, Ice.

We're under threat of lockdown and people have started to hoard again.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-09-20), IceCalibur (20-09-20), Jingo (20-09-20), Lowrollerbean (21-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elias View Post
    My partners friend died of a COVID-19 in hospital. Her lungs literally bled out...
    Dude, just seen this. Sorry mate.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-09-20), IceCalibur (20-09-20), Jingo (20-09-20), Lowrollerbean (21-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Im glad that now theres 10,000 reasons not to break isolation
    I actually disagree & find the £10,000 fine a reaction from a government who is totally out of touch with its population. Before firing off that angry reply, listen to my argument

Earning £50k (plus) a year then a £10k fine is a proper kick to the ankles, taking the legs away... this is what is intended - no issue....

...however, who is it most likely to be breaking these rules? People on minimum (or just over) wages, students & unemployed - and you can't take what they don't have. What happens then? Send them to jail? (tax payer pays!), sanction benefits/attachment to earnings orders? - then people can no longer afford to live & crime rises (tax payer is hit again)

Our governors haven't stopped to realise 'common' people just do not have the ability to raise £10k to pay these fines.... that is over 6 months wages to a J.A.M. family on minimum wage (one wage going in the house). They can't & won't pay it

I have a few ideas on managing the 'lower earners' in society (but that's another story lol)
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-09-20), Jingo (21-09-20), Lowrollerbean (21-09-20), Valentina (21-09-20)

Thanks

Wow you guys have it tough, here in Washington there's not a single County sheriff that'll enforce anything. The only city cops are the university cops in a university town. I think they're giving a $1,000 fine for repeat offenders it's like three times or something.

J

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-09-20), Lowrollerbean (22-09-20), M_C (21-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    ... who is it most likely to be breaking these rules? People on minimum (or just over) wages, students & unemployed - and you can't take what they don't have. What happens then? Send them to jail? (tax payer pays!), sanction benefits/attachment to earnings orders? - then people can no longer afford to live & crime rises (tax payer is hit again)
    I think the people on a lower wage are being used indirectly against the "middle class" so at a glance, it's seemingly not those in charge that are doing the dirty work.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-09-20), Jingo (21-09-20), Lowrollerbean (22-09-20), M_C (21-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

People wouldn't mind the restrictions so much if the police were even handed and showed common sense.

Stories of pensioners sitting on a park bench getting hassled and reports of zero action taken against 100s of people attending a drug dealers funeral. The tougher looking the group, the more likely it is that the police deem it to be 'in the public interest' to allow them to continue. Pics of unmasked crowds on Waterloo Bridge all clapping the nhs while nhs workers in empty hospitals work on their dance routines. (Not all nhs workers. As always, a small % are in the front line and do Stirling work while the top heavy management pretend that they're the most important.)

If plod continue to be cowards who only go for easy targets then imo those easy targets will start to show teeth.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-09-20), Jingo (21-09-20), Lowrollerbean (22-09-20), M_C (21-09-20), Valentina (21-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Geddon View Post
    People wouldn't mind the restrictions so much if the police were even handed and showed common sense.

Stories of pensioners sitting on a park bench getting hassled and reports of zero action taken against 100s of people attending a drug dealers funeral. The tougher looking the group, the more likely it is that the police deem it to be 'in the public interest' to allow them to continue. Pics of unmasked crowds on Waterloo Bridge all clapping the nhs while nhs workers in empty hospitals work on their dance routines. (Not all nhs workers. As always, a small % are in the front line and do Stirling work while the top heavy management pretend that they're the most important.)

If plod continue to be cowards who only go for easy targets then imo those easy targets will start to show teeth.
    That reminds me of when I was young and dumb, I was standing in line with about a thousand people to get tickets to a who concert and undercover cop asks me to quit smoking pot in line he shows his ID and badge and stuff and I say okay.

A little time goes by and I forget and I start smoking again and he comes back and he's harassing me and my friends and I just said f*** you. He went away and didn't come back.

J

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-09-20), Lowrollerbean (22-09-20)

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast