Thread: Bat Guano Question

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,521 Times

Default Bat Guano Question

Hello,

I have a tub of Plagron bat guano and I was wondering if I could use it as a flowering nutrient if inmade it into a tea? I seem to have heard it needs a few weeks to begin working so if I started using it at about the time I switch to 12/12, whilst I still have N rich nutrients in the soil, would the guano be a balanced food source through flowering? Or am I badly over simplifying things?

Thanks DT

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dick_turpine For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-09-20), Jingo (20-09-20), Le chef (25-09-20), Lowrollerbean (20-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,200 Times

I'm not a soil grower but I'm sure I've read it's best to let it sit a day or two in the water then feed, or used around the base of the plant just mix into the top inch or so of soil...jmo of course

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lowrollerbean For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-09-20), Le chef (25-09-20)

South of Hadrians wall in a tent, in the garden of England
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,269 Times

Is Your bat guano high in Ng or K if its high in Ng it's not much good for bloom but wouldn't use it on autos unless in a specific soil mix used sparingly.
    So much to learn, so little time to learn it

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Le chef For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-09-20), Lowrollerbean (26-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,521 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Le chef View Post
    Is Your bat guano high in Ng or K if its high in Ng it's not much good for bloom but wouldn't use it on autos unless in a specific soil mix used sparingly.
    It's high K guano so more of a bloom profile, I wonder if there would be enough micro nutrients in the soil of in the guano to produce a high yield with just the guano as the fertiliser?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dick_turpine For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-09-20)