Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Storage Solutions, Curing, Smell Suppression | C Vaults

Thanks

Default Storage Solutions, Curing, Smell Suppression | C Vaults

Hey THC Talk, how's things?

It's getting to one of those times of year where gardeners are gonna' start looking at storage solutions for curing and hiding those tantalising smells too.

As I'm sure everybody here knows (way better than I do), curing is a make-or-break for your crop and it goes without saying that you need to keep the dank smells under control.

What is curing?

The big advantage of curing is that the terpenes and cannabinoids in the medicinal herbs are optimally preserved. During the process, the chlorophyll in the medicinal herbs breaks down and the smell of hay disappears. Finally, cured medicinal herbs are softer on the throat and have a longer shelf life.

Our top solution to cover all these necessities is the C Vault.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8-litre-c-vault-cvault-storage-curing-commercial-personal-dry-harvest-cure-cannabis-weed-boveda-.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	388417

What makes C Vaults the number 1 storage and curing solution?

Curing and storage of medicinal herbs in stainless steel CVault containers combined with the use of Boveda humidity packs guarantees an optimal quality product. The storage system conserves quality and prevents the herbs from losing weight and degrading.

Operation of CVault

The CVault containers are made of food grade stainless steel. This means that the material meets high hygiene standards. The stainless steel containers are easy to clean with alcohol.

Light and air

Plants need light and air to grow. But after harvesting, light (UV radiation) and air (oxygen) affect the quality of the medicinal herbs. Storage in a container that allows light and air management optimizes a long-lasting quality of the medicinal herbs. Odour, taste, weight, structure and effect are preserved in this way.

Name:	8-litre-c-vault-cvault-storage-curing-commercial-personal-dry-harvest-cure-cannabis-weed-boveda-.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	388418

Preservation of trichomes

Studies show a 15% higher score on maintaining trichomes (with terpenes and cannabinoids) when the medicinal herbs are stored with Boveda. Maintaining 15% more trichomes means that the medicinal herbs look better, taste softer, smell better and work better.

Operation of Boveda

The Boveda humidity management is based on the principle that salt attracts and retains moisture. Each type of product benefits from a different relative humidity. For medicinal herbs that percentage is 62.

Views:	38 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	388419

(2 x free Boveda Packs with every C Vault, size depends on the size of the C Vault)

Two-way regulation

Boveda guarantees a 62% humidity thanks to a special salt mixture. The patented two-way membrane from Boveda in which the salt mixture is packaged allows moisture to pass through to two sides. If the relative humidity in the container exceeds 62%, the salt absorbs moisture through the membrane. If it becomes too dry inside the container, the salt will release moisture through the membrane (reverse osmosis).

Pure water vapor

Boveda's hyperfiltration membrane only allows water vapour to pass through. As a result, there are no impurities in the medicinal herbs.

Views:	34 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	388420

Storage and quality

CVault stainless steel food grade containers are lightweight and airtight. Air and light do not get a chance to affect the quality of the product in the container. Boveda ensures that the relative humidity remains at 62% continuously.

Fluid fluctuations are not good once the medicinal herbs are dried and cured. The storage in the stainless steel CVault container in combination with Boveda ensures that the medicinal herbs retain their scent, taste and effect for a long time. With this combined system, curing and storage of herbs provides a better quality product that has a longer shelf life.

No mold

The ideal relative humidity range for storage of medicinal herbs is between 55-65%, with an optimum between 58-63%. Below 50% the herbs are really too dry and trichomes are lost (with a negative effect on taste and effect). Above 65% the risk of mold increases considerably. The CVault and Boveda combination keeps the humidity at an ideal 62%.

Views:	36 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	388421

No weight loss

Another important advantage is that a continuous relative humidity for medicinal herbs ensures weight is maintained during storage. By default an average 3 percent of the weight of the preserved herbs is lost during storage, without the use of Boveda. That is a considerable loss. Three percent less weight means three percent less profit. The use of Boveda is therefore more than worth its cost.

Standard for quality

The use of medicinal herbs is rapidly gaining in popularity. Before the CVault combination with Boveda entered the market, there was not a good standard for monitoring the quality of the products during storage. This professional storage system now sets that standard. With CVault and Boveda, medicinal herbs can be stored for at least 160 days without reducing taste, effect and volume.

Views:	40 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	388422

Plethora of Sizes

One of the greatest aspects of C Vaults is in the choice of sizes to suit any grower's needs. From 14g all the way to the 50 litre which holds around 5000g, there is one for everybody.

Do you own a C Vault? If not, what's your favourite solution for curing and storage?

You can find the whole range of C Vaults right here at Ali Bongo. With the exclusive discount code THCTALK for a huge 15% off, it's an absolute steal and an excellent investment.

https://www.alibongo.co.uk/search/?q=c+vault

Any questions just fire away!

Ryan
    Last edited by Ali Bongo; 24-09-20 at 03:55 PM.

Headshop & Everything Smoking - www.alibongo.co.uk
    Seedbank & CBD www.alibongocannabisseeds.co.uk

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ali Bongo For This Useful Post:

Doink (26-01-22), DomoArigato (22-01-22), GEORGE (24-09-20), IceCalibur (24-09-20), M_C (24-09-20), riot (27-09-20), Valentina (16-06-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

We don't sell weed on this site, just personal growers.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Ali Bongo (25-09-20), Blue61 (24-09-20), Doink (26-01-22), riot (27-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    Yo Hotshot, of course, I'm well aware of the rules! What made you say this?

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ali Bongo For This Useful Post:

Doink (26-01-22), GEORGE (24-09-20), LewisR19 (24-09-20), riot (27-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Bongo View Post
    Yo Hotshot, of course, I'm well aware of the rules! What made you say this?
    Last two words under( Preservation of Trichomes) lol

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Ali Bongo (25-09-20), Doink (26-01-22), M_C (24-09-20), riot (27-09-20), V8 (26-01-22)

Thanks

Last two words under( Preservation of Trichomes). lol
    Oh yeah, that'll do it lol. Apologies mate, C'd & P'd from our website, thought I'd rooted all that out.

Will edit now, cheers!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ali Bongo For This Useful Post:

Doink (26-01-22), GEORGE (24-09-20), M_C (24-09-20), riot (27-09-20), V8 (26-01-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,624 Times

Doing mod work without the authority, I'm not sure you would really break anything.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Ali Bongo (25-09-20), Doink (26-01-22), GEORGE (24-09-20), riot (27-09-20), V8 (26-01-22), Valentina (16-06-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    Doing mod work without the authority, I'm not sure you would really break anything.

J

Like I explain to MC, I will try to help out as much as possible, but you really need to think twice before giving me any power. lol

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Ali Bongo (25-09-20), Doink (26-01-22), Jingo (24-09-20), M_C (26-01-22), riot (27-09-20), V8 (26-01-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,350 Times

So, reviving this old thread from the crypt..

I have been eyeballing these things lately and drooling a bit over them. No worries of broken glass intermixed with your bud should you or somebody else have a party foul handling them.. Nice humidty pack tray integrated into lid.. Stackable.. Large size has 2oz capacity.. Seemingly a great solution for longer term storage of the beloved "precious".. Assuming the spot welds they did during construction are quality, should "last long time" too..

Anybody tried these things and believe they are worth the $$? Do they work as claimed, or is the only real advantage durability? I want to believe..

-Domo

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DomoArigato For This Useful Post:

Doink (26-01-22), GEORGE (22-01-22), Jingo (22-01-22), Mac (27-01-22), V8 (26-01-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 12,991 Times

Quote Originally Posted by DomoArigato View Post
    So, reviving this old thread from the crypt..

I have been eyeballing these things lately and drooling a bit over them. No worries of broken glass intermixed with your bud should you or somebody else have a party foul handling them.. Nice humidty pack tray integrated into lid.. Stackable.. Large size has 2oz capacity.. Seemingly a great solution for longer term storage of the beloved "precious".. Assuming the spot welds they did during construction are quality, should "last long time" too..

Anybody tried these things and believe they are worth the $$? Do they work as claimed, or is the only real advantage durability? I want to believe..

-Domo
    I think someone on here uses/used these. Maybe Scoot, but I'm not certain.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doink For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-01-22), Mac (27-01-22), V8 (26-01-22)

Thanks

I was going to buy these before i seen grove bags.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to J81 For This Useful Post:

Doink (26-01-22), GEORGE (26-01-22), Mac (27-01-22), V8 (26-01-22)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast