Thread: Hello again.

Thanks

Default Hello again.

Hi guys Monty here. So I posted a thread a couple weeks ago about my spider mite problem. I showed the pictures of how pathetic my plants turned out after the infestation. I ended up throwing away 4 of the plants, 1 fully recovered and is doing great and another is doing well. I took a pic of the bottom of the plant for 2 reasons. First is the amount of growth on the bottom of the plant. Do I need to trim that off? Ive read everything from they should always be trimmed at least 25-35% off bottom of plant to dont trim at all. And also if you see the white contaners that the 5 gallon buckets are in. They are 25 gallon bottoms of plastic barrels i got from work. I have recieved 6 auto flowering seeds in the mail (there are 2 strains of three seeds each) and I am thinking that I could plant 3 of the same strain in the same 25 gallon pot? Im not sure if that will cause problems or not. And one more question, so I was watering the plants like 1/4 gallon every 3 days or so. I was talking to one of the fellas at work and hes telling me he waters 2 1/2 gallons every other day? I thought dam am I underwatering or is he overwatering? Whats the right amount? Looking forward to your thoughts....thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16009839934311029305080928255997.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	205.0 KB 
ID:	388453  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Monty719 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-09-20)

3. Default

Glad you managed to save one Monty

I like to defoliate the bottom a little, I find it's easier to water my girls, nothing worse than wetting my leaves which then touch the soil lol and it helps with airflow and directs energy up towards to higher leaves, rather than down below which doesn't get much light anyway.

It's not something you HAVE to do, but many do.

In regards to watering, there really isn't any point comparing amounts of water with others, and the reason is that everyone has a different set-up/environment, plants will drink at different rates too! (that's why there aren't any 'set' numbers around to refer to).

Just always remember you need to allow a dry period before watering (not bone dry), lift your pots when they are dry and then again after you water them..this will teach you a lot about when to water.

You can also stick your finger 2-3 inches into the soil..if it's moist/wet then you know they're not ready to be watered yet, if it's dry then go ahead and make sure the entire medium is saturated.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

Very detailed answer by ice,
    Ill add that i like stripping bottom third to half, depends on how i train them and how much they stretch. Ive never measured, but i guess i like my colas at around 30-35cm long and without any fluff. I try to get off as much fluff as i can all throughout flowering sometimes they keep shooting new buds on the inside of lowest branches its a bitch to get down there but truly rewarding at harvest time. Bigger denser buds, no fluffs. And for me most impotantly is the ease of trimming big uniform colas. As i take forever with my trimmings..

Atb with ur grow man

Ongoing diary >>> OGKZ / Gelat.OG / GZ / LSD (Coco, 750w lm301b)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-09-20)