Thread: HELP! What is going on with these plants?

Thanks

Smile HELP! What is going on with these plants?

Hi All,
    I have 5 plants growing, 4 weeks in, mainlining this round (my first time). 3 of my plants are about a week ahead, so those were topped about 4 days ago. I think they got stressed, because 2 of them (both Afghan Kush) are having issues. The other 3 (including one that was topped) look fine. No leaf issues and watering with the same reservoir - ph in and out is right around 6.1. I'm growing in coco, with Botanicare nutes. I've charged Canna Coco prior to transplant with cal/mag, and have been using cal/mag every watering.

I mistakenly left the lights too bright for one day after I topped, and then woke up to this. Based on photos, it looks like PH issues, but I tested and retested ph of res and it's 6.1. Temp and humidity are spot on at 75 degrees and 65% humidity. Any ideas? Could it be light burn? Stress?? Or does Afghan Kush require more of some nutrient??

Last photo is of my GDP which I haven't topped yet - looking nice and green, no leaf issues. I'm stumped!!

Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200924_130540.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	388464Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200924_130526.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	388463Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200924_130550.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	388465Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200924_175345.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	388466

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KanaGirl For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-09-20), Nuggetz (25-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,203 Times

You’re Ph is good but what ec are you feeding at?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuggetz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-09-20)

Thanks

Well, I don't check EC because it's botanicare and doesn't seem to register EC properly because it's mostly organic. I feed based on recommended doses for stage. BUT, my other plants aren't having any problems which makes me think it's not a nute issue at all. My best guess is it was light burn since I had the light up to almost full power (accidentally turned it up and forgot to dim it back down).

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KanaGirl For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-09-20), Nuggetz (25-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,458 Times

Photo number 3 looks like thrip damage to me added photo for reference

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amnesia auto For This Useful Post:

BobHasBurgers (11-01-22), GEORGE (25-09-20), KanaGirl (25-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,203 Times

How high did temps get?

It doesn’t look like light burn to me as there’s no signs of heat stress and light intensity shouldn’t be too much of an issue at this stage as long as temps and humidity were okay?

The plant does look dry which may be down to low humidity but if it’s at 65% that shouldn’t be an issue.

What strength have you been using the calmag at? Might be worth checking ec as well to be safe.

To me personally it looks more like nutrient burn than light burn but I could be wrong.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuggetz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-09-20)

Thanks

Thanks for you input, but there are no pests in the tent, and light intensity was at full blast (on accident) for the night. Temps got up to about 80, which shouldn't be an issue. And, as you can see, my other plants have no issues - just the 2 Afghan Kush plants I topped to mainline. The other mainlined plant has no issues either. I think they just got really stressed by the topping and then high light intensity. Those leaves are getting pulled off in a few days anyway. I just wanted to see if there is a possibility that this genetic needs something else, or is more sensitive overall. before I topped, all plants were super green and healthy and working on baby 7th node, so it was ready to be topped for mainline

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KanaGirl For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,735 Times

I think you were probably correct and it was light intensity, I'd watch for a few days I wouldn't take those leaves off. The plant is small enough it doesn't really matter it's going to lose them eventually. Meanwhile, there's not a lot of leaves so they'll still help to power the plant forward.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-09-20), KanaGirl (25-09-20)