Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What makes you shop at a specific Seedbank / Seedshop?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,624 Times

For me, it's whether or not I can use a credit card and will they send me the seed package. I think I'm probably done ordering seeds from overseas now that everybody is going so stealth that I can't even find my seeds sometimes in the package once they arrive. And I really miss the damn packaging.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-09-20), Valentina (07-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    For me, a good seedbank needs to offer this (in no particular order) ;

• Good seed selection at a competitive price.
    • Multiple payment options - Bitcoin included with perhaps a reward/discount for using.
    • A good loyalty system to keep me returning and building points.
    • Good customer service which provides support via telephone & online chat.
    • Fast delivery and options for tracking.
    • Promotions always welcome.
    • Not share our private information with third party companies (or anyone for that matter).
    • Simple, clean, fast and easy to use website to browse seeds and information.
    Thanks for putting in the time with this IceCalibur, appreciate it!

Headshop & Everything Smoking - www.alibongo.co.uk
    Seedbank & CBD www.alibongocannabisseeds.co.uk

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ali Bongo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-09-20), IceCalibur (28-09-20), M_C (28-09-20), Valentina (07-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elias View Post
    I always use the same seed bank unless they don’t have what I want

I use them because they are reliable and discreet. Never let me down so I stick with em
    Makes sense! I think there a lot of retailers about who 'let people down' from what I've heard, so great that you've found one that suits you.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ali Bongo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-09-20), IceCalibur (28-09-20), Valentina (07-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cannabug View Post
    Discreet shipping and packaging spend above a certain price and get freebies. And some banter and recommendations from the tele receptionist goes far in my book.
    Great answer Cannabug, you can give me a call for some banter anyday; love it hahaha! Just ask for Ryan!

Appreciate it mate.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ali Bongo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-09-20), Valentina (07-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wags View Post
    Th ability to just pay normally with a bank card or PayPal. .

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
    Yup, that is for sure a HUGE one. unfortunately banks just don't want to deal with businesses that sell cannabis seeds, we've got a decent card processor at the moment but we're always looking for the best one possible.

PayPal have a huge issue with our industry, if you find a seed retailer accepting PayPal payments (and advertise it openly and publically) the option sadly won't be there for very long, they hate it!

Appreciate your input Wags!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ali Bongo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-09-20), Valentina (07-10-20), Wags (28-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by riot View Post
    Simple, if I actually receive my seeds.

I've ordered from multiple seedbanks and have only ever received my seeds by once (and that was only one time)

The country I live in has a very strict policy of importing seeds of any kind. I'm more than happy to purchase something to conceal them in and always leave instructions but my luck has not been that good.

I've had much more luck with the generous people here on The Talk that send me some for winning contests or just out of their generosity.

If Ali Bongo was able to conceal seeds in a proper fashion I would be more than happy to place an order. But after all my experiences I'm a bit hesitant.
    Makes sense. We have a great success rate sending seeds outside of the UK because of our own stealth methods (that we won't share publicly but if you're interested you can always email us [email protected]), our packages very very rarely get pulled. We also take specific instruction too. We've had customers order items online and get the items delivered to our shop so that we can put the seeds inside and forward it to the customers real address; not an issue at all here.

Could understand why you'd be hesitant! There are a lot of companies out there looking to make a quick buck, feel free to send us an email for some re-assurance if you do decide to shop with us Riot

Appreciate the reply.

Ryan

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ali Bongo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-09-20), riot (04-10-20), Valentina (07-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    For me, it's whether or not I can use a credit card and will they send me the seed package. I think I'm probably done ordering seeds from overseas now that everybody is going so stealth that I can't even find my seeds sometimes in the package once they arrive. And I really miss the damn packaging.

J

Yup, I think because its becoming harder to pay with cards for seeds (and very few seedbanks offer card payments) payment method seems to be the most common answer in this thread. We currently have a card processor for worldwide payments but we're always looking for a better one.

With our stealth shipping method you wouldn't have that problem, and 90% of our breeder packs fit in the package without having to tear or bend them. If a pack won't fit without being split or bent you'd just need to leave a comment 'please don't bend or split breeder packs' and we'd get in contact if this wasn't possible A lot of the fun in buying seeds is in collecting the packs IMO, and we recognise that.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ali Bongo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-09-20), IceCalibur (28-09-20), Jingo (28-09-20), Valentina (07-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy bud View Post
    One i use has a vast selection from different breeders. Every seed I've planted have always been females.
    Discreet package in post
    And reward scheme.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
    Sounds like a good seedbank!

Cheers Fluffy. Noted.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ali Bongo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-09-20), IceCalibur (28-09-20), Jingo (28-09-20), Valentina (07-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoomshanka View Post
    Discreet packaging, prompt and honest service, freebies.
    Done, done, and done!

Cheers TheBoomShanka

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ali Bongo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,881 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Bongo View Post
    Yup, that is for sure a HUGE one. unfortunately banks just don't want to deal with businesses that sell cannabis seeds, we've got a decent card processor at the moment but we're always looking for the best one possible.

PayPal have a huge issue with our industry, if you find a seed retailer accepting PayPal payments (and advertise it openly and publically) the option sadly won't be there for very long, they hate it!

Appreciate your input Wags!
    No worry dude. I order my skins and shit every month of you guys anyway haha ordered this today can't wait for it to arrive my smoke room ashtray is vile now.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wags For This Useful Post:

Ali Bongo (29-09-20), GEORGE (28-09-20), Jingo (28-09-20), Valentina (07-10-20)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast