Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First grow tent

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,170 Times

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoomshanka View Post
    Yeah man, I hear ya. I dont have 4 of the same strain and my OCD wont let me plant just 2 in a 4 plant system.
    I will see how I go, I might have to pitch the EC in the middle somewhere.
    I like a challange,
    Slow and steady wins the race as they say, good luck brother ill keep me eyes on this one
    My Wonderful world of mystery —> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...rld-of-mystery

If I or anyone else has answered your question in the growing questions and answers section please mark it as "Answered". It helps keep the forum tidy!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (29-09-20), GEORGE (29-09-20), Jingo (29-09-20), TheBoomshanka (29-09-20)

Thanks

My seeds sprouted quite nicely and I transfered them into some grodan cubes last night.
    I thought to my self,,f*** it, I'm putting them straight in the Wilma.
    I've never grown under LED's, but we use them for supplement lighting at work, so I know a little about them.
    I've got a Mars hydro TS 3000. I raised it to full height and dialed it right down low. It's giving off a nice soft and cool light.
    I left it on 24hr in the tent overnight, it's a little cool in there, 16 degree C, and 68% RH.
    This afternoon those little seeds had popped their heads out of the rockwool.
    I mixed a half strength nutrient in readiness, EC .6. I had to lower the pH as it was sitting at 6.5 and I like it under 6. My potable water is pH 7 and EC .1.
    I added a little of that Cannazym and Rhizotonic, half the reccomended dose, the EC stayed the same but the pH shot up over 6 again. Has anyone had that happen?
    I have not irrigated the little girls yet, this is just in preperation for the weekend when I think I will start.
    I've got double airstones and the pump set to recirculated the mix every few hours to keep it fresh.
    Happy days,,I'm excited.
    Last edited by TheBoomshanka; 01-10-20 at 12:57 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheBoomshanka For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (03-10-20), GEORGE (01-10-20), Lowrollerbean (01-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,200 Times

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoomshanka View Post
    My seeds sprouted quite nicely and I transfered them into some grodan cubes last night.
    I thought to my self,,f*** it, I'm putting them straight in the Wilma.
    I've never grown under LED's, but we use them for supplement lighting at work, so I know a little about them.
    I've got a Mars hydro TS 3000. I raised it to full height and dialed it right down low. It's giving off a nice soft and cool light.
    I left it on 24hr in the tent overnight, it's a little cool in there, 16 degree C, and 68% RH.
    This afternoon those little seeds had popped their heads out of the rockwool.
    I mixed a half strength nutrient in readiness, EC .6. I had to lower the pH as it was sitting at 6.5 and I like it under 6. My potable water is pH 7 and EC .1.
    I added a little of that Cannazym and Rhizotonic, half the reccomended dose, the EC stayed the same but the pH shot up over 6 again. Has anyone had that happen?
    I have not irrigated the little girls yet, this is just in preperation for the weekend when I think I will start.
    I've got double airstones and the pump set to recirculated the mix every few hours to keep it fresh.
    Happy days,,I'm excited.
    Rhizo doesn't increase your EC mate, but it will change PH that's normal, do you not PH after adding all your nutes?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lowrollerbean For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (03-10-20), GEORGE (01-10-20), TheBoomshanka (01-10-20)

Thanks

Thanks mate, appreciate it re Rhizo changing pH
    Yeah I pH tested and lowered after I added the nutrients, then tested again after I added the Rhizo, thats how I noticed the change.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheBoomshanka For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (03-10-20), GEORGE (01-10-20), Lowrollerbean (13-10-20)

Thanks

pH crept up to 6.5 this arvo.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheBoomshanka For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (03-10-20), GEORGE (02-10-20), Lowrollerbean (13-10-20)

Thanks

I've had some small pH issues in my grow tent, any comments/advice welcome.
    I never get this at work, as we set parameters and the system self adjusts accordingly. I really am a bit rusty.
    I sprouted the seeds and placed them in grodan cubes in the wilma under lowlight.
    Half strength Nutrients, EC around .6.
    My PH kept rising rapidly, I just couldnt get it to calm down.
    I used water that sat at a stable 5.8 for three days as a base.
    Mixed the A for an hour, added the B.
    It was doing my head in, although the plants dont care, they look great.
    After a week I bumped up the Nutrients to 1.2 EC.
    pH calmed down,,but then started shooting up again.
    I was reading alternate opinions regarding airstones and to much oxygen in the tank raising pH.
    I've got oxygen on steroids, I drilled a couple of holes in my wilma for airlines and install two big airstones.
    So I switched the pump off, pH has clamed down. Still a slight rise as the plants take up the nutrients, but nothing rapid like it was.
    I must say though, the plants dont show any ill effects through it all. They are powering on.
    Maybe its just me......

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheBoomshanka For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (21-11-20), GEORGE (13-10-20), Lowrollerbean (13-10-20)

Thanks

13 days from sprouting.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201013_210719.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	135.5 KB 
ID:	389370

Name:	20201013_210649.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	389371

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheBoomshanka For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm going to make some edits to this wilma system on the weekend. I think the pump is undersized for the emmiters. The clay balls are as dry as fark 50mm out from the plant.
    The emmiters do not cover the surface area, which I think is important to encourage maximum root development.
    I'm going to swap the supplied wima blue emitters with what we call "octomitters". Adjustable drip/flooders.
    To compensate the increased flow rate I will change the pump also.
    Wish me luck!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheBoomshanka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,095 Times

I'd get the MJ1000 pump and add another dripper to each pot. That's how I used to run my wilma when I used one with pots

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dirty_badger For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (21-11-20), GEORGE (13-10-20), Lowrollerbean (13-10-20), TheBoomshanka (13-10-20)

Thanks

Ok, so my first shot at a scrog in my first shot at a grow tent. Didnt quite nail it, theres a few gaps. Close, I know how to tweak it next time.
    Two weeks into flowering, Bubba Kush at Front, White widow at rear.
    My pH drifting issues cleared up once I switched to flowering and changed from Citric to Phosphoric acid.

Name:	20201121_204245.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	170.0 KB 
ID:	391368

Name:	20201121_204234.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	151.7 KB 
ID:	391369

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheBoomshanka For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (21-11-20), GEORGE (21-11-20), Jingo (21-11-20)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast