Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Barneys Farm Pineapple Chunk and Amnesia Lemon Mentored by Krofam (coco)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,588 Times

try raising the lights off temp by 2-3C if you can. ideally you want a 5-8c diff from day to night.

mark day 1 from when they show flowers. can you get some closeups of the tops? i assume they should be in flower by now.

yeah, parabolics are really good for that.

i like to keep it simple..i only use a+b with a pk boost... and i would recommend doing it like that too this time round.. and next time you could try introducing the boost.
    funnily enough im trying the sumo pk for first time. may try the boost but wanna see how this goes on its own compared to last grow with budhas tree pk9/18. will be a good comparison as im using everything else the same.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krofam For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-01-21), green grass (08-12-20), maenam (14-02-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,129 Times

I’ve turned my 2 thermostats up that control my 3 tube heaters and will give it until tomorrow evening to see if it’s helped.

If I need to I’ve got 2 more tube heaters that I can wire up as well.

I’ve taken a few pics. I reckon Friday just gone was the time to count from as all four were starting at that point which is 14 days from when I flipped the lights.

Ok I’ll leave off the boost for this grow. I don’t usually bother with boost due to the prices anyway.

One thing I noticed last night which coincidentally was when I introduced the boost but I don’t think related was that I’ve got springtails in my coco.

I remember that I always used to get them in previous coco grows.

Maybe it’s because I’m feeding twice daily now and the coco isn’t able to dry out so much between feeds but I’m not sure.

I’ve never worried too much about them in the past. Do you think it’s an issue mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to green grass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-01-21), Krofam (11-12-20), maenam (14-02-21), riot (03-01-21)

Thanks

ive grown multiple times with springtails with no issues.
    it can sometimes be the batch of coco you got.

i find that using cannazyme a few times during veg and once a week during flower helps.
    could just be me but when i didnt use it is when i got them. could be coincidence.. not an issue though as i said before.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krofam For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-01-21), green grass (09-12-20)

Thanks

Day 7 of flower
    600w dual spec hps lamp on 13/11
    Temps lights on at canopy 27c
    Temps lights out at canopy 19c
    RH 50-63%
    EC 1.2 Canna a&b only
    PH 5.7

I’ve put my other two tube heaters in there now and I’ve ordered two more hygrometers as I’m getting different readings on my current one and my thermostats for my heaters but I think my temps are pretty good.

They are beginning to flower now. One of the pineapples is a bit slower than the other two.

I’m still removing leaves every other day and I’m feeding twice daily at around 40% runoff.

Why do you feed at 5.7 throughout flowering buddy?

I’m guessing because the root ph will rise anyway?

What do you think?

Cheers

gg

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to green grass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-01-21), IceCalibur (12-12-20), Krofam (19-12-20), maenam (14-02-21), riot (23-12-20), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (18-12-20), Valentina (18-12-20)

Thanks

I’ve just managed to get my old temp and rh data logger working on my pc so I’m going to monitor temps closely with this to make sure there’s no issues.

Is it me or do the 3 pineapples look small and a bit runty?

They just don’t quite seem right to me. I do remember some people complaining about Barneys Farm seeds years ago saying they’d had issues with bad genetics.

Given how long veg time they’ve had I’d have expected them to be bigger than they are.

What do you think pal?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to green grass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-01-21), Krofam (19-12-20), maenam (14-02-21)

Thanks

So I’ve had my data logger in overnight and I can see that my temps are ok.

It’s between 20c lights off to 23c lights on with a drop to around 16c for under an hour when lights go out and my heaters kick in.

I’ll keep monitoring it but everything looks ok although my rh may be a bit high at the moment.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to green grass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-01-21), Krofam (19-12-20), maenam (14-02-21), Valentina (18-12-20)

Thanks

hey bud. sorry about the absence. have switched internet providers and it took them a while to sort it.
    in the mean time i managed to fuck my hand right up. its healing nicely but could of been so much worse.

your ladies are looking great!

about the ph.. i like to keep in bang in the middle of the ideal range. so if it does fluctuate up or down it will still be within that range.
    feeding daily with good runoff ensures you basically reset it every time. helps prevent deficiencies imo...

reason for it being 5.5 during the early days is cos i feed every other day and as it rises for me, i go lower to compensate..

i thought the same about barneys seed s back in the day but i think they are much better now..
    just remember that every seed is different. thats why i only keep phenos that best work in my environment.

can you increase airflow a bit to see if your rh will drop a bit?
    another option is to use a dehumidifier.. itll raise temps a bot too so less need for heaters. ideally one that drains from a hose so it can run at least the whole period of darkness and for a bit after lights come on. as long as you have good air movement during lights on the should be fine.

one thing i say you can do for sure is spread them main stems out a bit from this lll, to this \l/.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krofam For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-01-21), green grass (19-12-20), maenam (14-02-21)

Thanks

Day 15 of flower

600w dual spec hps on 13/11
    Temps min lights off 18c
    Temps max lights on 25c (avg 23c)
    RH 64-78%
    EC 1.2
    PH 5.7
    Canna A&B only

No worries mate. Shit happens.

Yeah I’ve been looking at dehumidifiers. I’ve found a decent one that only uses 185w and apparently is fairly quiet according to reviews (39db)

I’ll get it ordered tonight. Should be with me by Wednesday.

I know I’ll get issues later on if I don’t. Have only had bud rot once before but that was enough.

I did spread them out a bit a few days ago so they’re looking a bit better.

Starting to bud up quite nicely now.

Cheers
    gg

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to green grass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-01-21), Krofam (20-12-20), riot (23-12-20), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (07-01-21)

Thanks

The dehumidifier arrived this morning and I’ve got it on a timer to come on at lights out and off at lights on.

My pk says to feed at the beginning of week 4 of flower or when they stop vegging which should be around this weekend.

It says to reduce A&B by 25-50% (I’m using canna a&b obviously) when I feed the pk.

Do you think I should do that and add the pk and feed them at whatever EC that turns out to be?

Or should I add the pk and then top up with a&b to make up the EC to what I’m feeding at now? (1.2)

Cheers mate
    gg

I’m trying to upload a screenshot of the shogun feed chart but it won’t upload so I’ll take a photo

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to green grass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-01-21), Krofam (22-12-20), maenam (14-02-21), riot (23-12-20), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (08-01-21)

Thanks

im trying it for the first time too..

what im gona do is, start off at half strength. and up if i see they need it.

you wanna see if it changes your ph.

first add the pk to plain water at half strength and note what ec it gives.
    then ad a+b to bring it up to 1.2-1.3. then add ph down as you normally to and see what ph reading it gives.

you can try increasing the pk a bit every week while lowering the a+b and monitor how it handles it..
    if you are unsure, stick to half strength.

can you run a hose from that dehumidifier to outside the tent? so it drains to there instead of inside.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Krofam For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-01-21), green grass (22-12-20), maenam (14-02-21), riot (23-12-20), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (08-01-21)

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast