Thread: Bugs... again..

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,458 Times

Default Bugs... again..

Hi guys, just been in the veg tent with the next round of cuttings and noticed what look like thrip larvae on one of the plugs.. safe to say I pulled it out, ive not found any adults yet so will be getting the bug strips and giving them a good spray with some organic bug killer.. sorry for the bad pictures they was the best I could get before I lost the little fuckers lol

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amnesia auto For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (01-10-20), Easy-T (01-10-20), GEORGE (01-10-20), Jingo (01-10-20)

Thanks

Looking at photos of bugs they could possibly be springtails.. I dont have any signs of thrip damage on leaves or anything.. how bad are springtails and whats the best course of action?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amnesia auto For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (01-10-20), GEORGE (01-10-20), IceCalibur (01-10-20), Jingo (01-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,618 Times

That's a b****, the whole reason that I went to Coco was to try and get away from the bugs they always sell you in the soil. Now you have them in your coco plugs.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Amnesia auto (01-10-20), Blue61 (01-10-20), GEORGE (01-10-20), IceCalibur (01-10-20)

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesia auto View Post
    Looking at photos of bugs they could possibly be springtails.. I dont have any signs of thrip damage on leaves or anything.. how bad are springtails and whats the best course of action?

Springtails are nothing for you to worry about, in fact, Bud Lightyear and quite a few other experienced growers do believe they can be beneficial in coco, as they feed on decaying organic matter, helping to clean up the medium.

The funny thing about springtails is I never ever have had them in soil..in over 10 years of growing, but the first time I tried coco, it was in that bag...and had them through most of that grow.

However, as jingo said, soil is a pain for pests/bugs, I'd rather have springtails than thrips, spidermites or Fungus Gnats.

By the end of my coco grow, I quite enjoyed watching the springtails jumping around

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Amnesia auto (01-10-20), Blue61 (01-10-20), GEORGE (01-10-20), Jingo (01-10-20), Lowrollerbean (01-10-20), Tartan_THC (23-11-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Let me teach you a valuable lesson
    Read up on IPM (integrated pest management)and stick to it
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Amnesia auto (01-10-20), Blue61 (01-10-20), GEORGE (01-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redisiel View Post
    Let me teach you a valuable lesson
    Read up on IPM (integrated pest management)and stick to it
    Redz
    I spray weekly with foliar spray, always change clothes before entering the grow room i guess it just isn't enough. This zapper is about to be put in see if I cant catch me any bugs lol but thanks I will take a read and see if there's anything else I can do to minimise risks

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amnesia auto For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (01-10-20), GEORGE (01-10-20)