Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are these ready to harvest?

Thanks

Default Are these ready to harvest?

Some leaves turned yellow and brown already and the weather is getting colder and colder are they ready for harvest yet?
    (see attachments)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201002_005610.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	388873   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201002_005605.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	127.4 KB 
ID:	388874   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201002_005558.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	388875  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maskd For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-10-20), Jingo (02-10-20)

3. Default

Hello and welcome to the forum Maskd, I would say they're definately not ready to be harvested.

Purchase a loupe/microscope with at least 60x magnification you'll need that to check the trichomes to see if they're ready later on down the road...here is a chart for reference ;

Make sure to check the trichomes from a bud, rather than a 'sugar leaf'.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-10-20), Jingo (02-10-20), Maskd (02-10-20), Skunkpunch (02-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,625 Times

Welcome to the forum brother, it looks like you might have a hermie. That little yellow bit in your last photo looks like a banana getting ready to pop open and pollinate that flower it's in.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-10-20), IceCalibur (02-10-20), Maskd (02-10-20), Skunkpunch (02-10-20)

Thanks

Thanks for the quick response i will purchase a microscope.
    Im Aiming for an energetic/euphoric high im just abit worried since temperatures are dropping down to 10°Celsius at night.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maskd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks jingo, whats a hermie tho? there arent any male plants nearby if thats what you mean but i will check again anyway then.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maskd For This Useful Post:

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Maskd View Post
    Thanks jingo, whats a hermie tho? there arent any male plants nearby if thats what you mean but i will check again anyway then.
    A 'hermie' is basically a hermaphrodite where plants develop both male and female flowers...

Jingo feels he may have spotted a 'nanner' which is basically part of a male pollen sac, called a stamen..

They are different to male pollen sacs because with 'nanners' it's only the exposed part growing..without the 'sac', which makes them worse as they don't need to 'burst' open to spread the pollen, they are making pollen and releasing them.

This can happen when a plant becomes stressed, or when a plant is allowed to go too long without being harvested (way past 'optimal' harvest point), it can throw these out in an effort to self pollinate.. and sometimes it's a genetic trait, unfortunately.

Have a real good look at where Jingo pointed out the possible 'nanner' with your own eyes...let us know.

A nanner will look like this ;

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (02-10-20), GEORGE (02-10-20), Jingo (02-10-20), Maskd (02-10-20), Skunkpunch (02-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,625 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Maskd View Post
    Sometimes a female plant will get what looks like a little banana that will come right up out of the flower and it'll peel apart and release pollen. That's one of two types of hermaphrodites. The other type will have pollen sacks at the nodes and they'll come out one or two or a whole clump all together.

J

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-10-20), IceCalibur (02-10-20), Maskd (02-10-20), Skunkpunch (02-10-20)

Thanks

Thanks ice ;D im still learning this is really helpfull to me.
    I will keep you updated and its definetley possible they are very stressed because of the sudden temp drop.
    I will post any news later today

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maskd For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-10-20), IceCalibur (02-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,506 Times

It’s one of the easiest things to not notice if your not really looking at your lady’s really carefully and can be one of the most head and heart destroys!! When it comes to looking at your plants/lady’s just remember the first time you seen that women that first hit that spot in your crotch! Yeah you can still see everything about her from head to toe. Well that’s the way you should really look at your plants then them little bastard male bits will stick out just like a 6ft stranger running out your bedroom while your wife try’s telling you it’s the gas man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Skunkpunch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,506 Times

Good old Jingo got the eyes of a American red-tailed hawk when it comes to spotting them little bananas bastards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Skunkpunch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-10-20)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast