Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Advice please?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Quite an advanced but stunted plant. Is she flowering??

Canna terra has plenty of nutrients ( set at EC 1.3 iirc ) to get a plant into flower easily.

I think the plants are cooking and stunting in the strong feeds you have added as well as lacking good wet to dry watering cycle.

I will be honest and say start again if you can
    Already ordered some seeds mate. I will try different soil with one plant and try the Canna Terra again but without the bonemeal or liquid feeds and see where I get. Thanks for the help.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hammabis For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Agree 100% with this.
    Thanks for the help. I will be amending both potential problems and trying again.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hammabis For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-10-20), IceCalibur (03-10-20)

Thanks

Just an update and a big thankyou for all the advice. Cheers everyone.:

As you can see things are looking a lot better second time around. The only change I have made was to use the Canna Terra compost (with a bit of sand cut in to improve its drainage) and no nutrients. It was obviously an overdose of nutrients that scuppered my first attempt. One interesting aspect is the plant at the front and right. years ago when we would salvage a few seeds from ourn weed and grow them outside in the country I had a mate who knew a bit about the subject and he told me that some growers would snap their plants on purpose to mame it as this would cause the plant to produce stronger weed. I've no ideav how valid this idea is, but the plant in front and to the right is a sort of test case. I unintentionally dropped the fan on it while adjusting the fan's position. It snapped the stem and, after swearing a bit, I quickly gave the plant a splint in the shape of small stick and a cable tie. I didnt erxpect the plant would survive it but to my surprise it never broke a stride and looked fine there after. I noticed that the third plant in my sequence, the plant at the back, started to catch up and indeed overtake the broken plant. Then tonight I noticed that it was budding at a height of only about 225mm. Would it be the break to the plant's stem that has caused it to try and complete its cycle early?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wee1.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	391522Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wee2a.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	391523

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hammabis For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,099 Times

One of my plants broke a limb off when it was in the veg stage. Foolishly I took it off even though it still was slightly attached to the main stem. That plant then didn't do very well for ages, but it has ended up being my best budder.
    I had a couple of other branches snap a week later on another plant and I duct taped them and that kept them alive . However , they weren't as big or produce as big buds as my broken off girl. I am nearing the end of my first grow, it seems to me that a plant needs a good shock in the veg stage in order to go into overdrive and try to bud even more with what they have. I guess when a branch snaps off completely it takes ages for a plant to recover ,but when it does it grows back hard-core, however if a branch breaks off and you rescue it, the plant then spends far more energy trying to fix it and make it healthy again, which leads to less buds in the flowering stage. I'm a bit pissed tonight so don't know if what I'm saying makes sense to you.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Karlito1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-11-20)

Thanks

Cheers Karl.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hammabis For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-11-20)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3