Thread: Light movers

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,978 Times
    Provided Answers: 2

Default Unanswered: Light movers

Summer coming I'm planning on getting rid of this 1.2 tent and making enough room for 8 plants, being in an outbuilding with the sun basically boiling the felt on the roof during summer time I'm looking at a larger grow in the colder months rather than smaller grow all year round.

Say if i went with 8 plants me growing 4 under a 600 watt hps now with fairly decent results this would make me think another 600 watt would be needed however I'm thinking maybe a 1000watt hps on a light mover would save me 200 watts power consumption?

I'm guessing a 600hps on a light mover wouldn't cut it?

Anyone got any advice?

Cheers

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to funkydawg For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-10-20), GEORGE (07-10-20), Jingo (08-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,735 Times
    Provided Answers: 55

I ran a mover with an LED I bought about six seven years ago, turns out it was a good thing to have done because the LED was way too powerful. I think you could get decent results moving up to a thousand watt HID if you got a real good one and put it on a mover. I think a mover actually helps you get better penetration, you just don't want it to move very far like maybe a foot and a half or two feet at the most. Now that I think back to those days I was probably was getting better penetration cuz I could keep the light down lower without it being sitting right on top of the plants.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-10-20), funkydawg (08-10-20), GEORGE (08-10-20)