Thread: CF & Fan , Airflow Question

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,792 Times

Default CF & Fan , Airflow Question

So I'm not very DIY minded lol but to get my grow space/spaces closer to optimal my next big purchase needs to be CF and fan.

Now in the first pic is my doodle of space I have available and how I envisioned it might work

2x 0.8x0.8x2.5m grow spaces
    Add another of same dimensions on top to take drying spaces into account

Gives me just under 200 cubic feet of air to pull , if my terrible maths is correct.

2nd pic is What I think will be more than suitable but I'm not too sure.

My one grow room sits between 20° and 24° so not massive heat signature being lost into loft space in my eyes but if it is an issue

Could pull air from loft and discharge say under the floorboards to somewhat heat the house up ?

Sorry for rambling on but any insight of advice would be most welcomed

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheCloudyChef For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (11-10-20), GEORGE (10-10-20)

Thanks

I would isolate the spaces ,more cost and effort but less issues down the road.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20201011-060804_Samsung Notes.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	389287  
    If i didnt smoke i drink myself to death.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigmurphy For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (11-10-20), GEORGE (11-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

I once ran ducting from my 8'x4' tent in the cellar to the floorboards above in my living room. 2 x 600w hps. No extra heat at all, just extra noise.

When my tents fell to bits, I went ducting free. I'd rather spend a bit more on leccy running an extra fan and use the room as ducting. Much more airflow.

Assuming that you are using one room for everything, I would vent filtered air into the loft. If doing photos, only one cab needs to be light proof and even that can be avoided. With a small cab like yours, I'd guess a 6" kitchen extractor fan (with no filter) would be enough to keep the temps in range. The vegging cab can be open topped, the walls only need to reflect light and don't need to be higher than the reflector or lower than the top of the pots.

With a decent fan and no ducting, there will be negative pressure in the groom and all air will leave via the carbon filter. Of course the room will smell of weed, inside a tent smells of weed. As long as only that room smells of weed, it's all good.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-10-20)