View Poll Results: Do You Wet or Dry Trim?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wet

10 71.43%
  • Dry

4 28.57%
  • Don't mind either way

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Wet or Dry Trim, Which Do You Prefer?...

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

Quote Originally Posted by sourshoes View Post
    Yes. Also depends if you can still get a slow dry once you wet trim. Drying time seems like the biggest determining factor of quality.

If I wet trim I watch the buds very close to get in the jars before they're too dry.

sent from space

Even with a wet trim, it can take 14+ days for the buds to dry in my humid cellar.

idk how the physics works but the RH% of the air is higher than what the buds dry down to. Having a 6" fan blowing air outside 24/0 is probably a factor.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-10-20), IceCalibur (12-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesia auto View Post
    The genuine trimbags have a keif screen so any broken trichomes are collected in a compartment at the bottom of the bag, not worth the money for us personal growers though IMO as you only put the destalked buds in and the bags are huge.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    I have been drying some bud for my mate, he just cut the buds off and removed the big fans asked me to put the dehumidifier on full and some heat to fast dry the outside. He gave me a demonstration of the Trim Bag and to be truthful the buds looked great with very little work. Didn't seem to lose many tricomes. I'm not convinced they are as good as a hand trim but I looked at the bud with a jewelers loup and they were still frosty.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Amnesia auto (12-10-20), Cannabug (12-10-20), GEORGE (12-10-20), IceCalibur (12-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,458 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    Still relatively new to me, wet trimmed at first, then for the last few plants I did a rough wet trim then a tight second trim when they were almost dry. Left an exo cheese to fully dry trim, bar the fan leaves, and it just smelled of grass until I ground it up
    Did it smell dank when you ground it though? That smell creeps back to the outside of the buds after a week in the jar

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amnesia auto For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-10-20), IceCalibur (12-10-20), MrC (12-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,458 Times

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    I have been drying some bud for my mate, he just cut the buds off and removed the big fans asked me to put the dehumidifier on full and some heat to fast dry the outside. He gave me a demonstration of the Trim Bag and to be truthful the buds looked great with very little work. Didn't seem to lose many tricomes. I'm not convinced they are as good as a hand trim but I looked at the bud with a jewelers loup and they were still frosty.
    They work a treat mate dont get me wrong but for a personal grower they're just too much IMO

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amnesia auto For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-10-20), IceCalibur (12-10-20), toblue (12-10-20)

9. Default

Great to see so many of you posting and sharing your opinions/experiences with this so cheers for that

One thing is for sure, it's very much close in terms of what growers prefer..seems to be an interesting 50/50 split...with the general consensus being as long as we dry our bud nice and slow, in the right conditions we get good results

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Amnesia auto (12-10-20), Cannabug (12-10-20), GEORGE (12-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 58,142 Times

Wet for me

From behind the bushes

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet."

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Easy-T For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (12-10-20), GEORGE (12-10-20), IceCalibur (12-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,506 Times

I find wet easier but got a thing about dry trimming i did use bonsai trimmers or electric scissors call them what you like. Now i get a canna brush so if im just using good old hand scissors it’s wet trim but if i want to use the bonsai trimmers or canna brush then it’s a dry trim. You can’t really appreciate which way until you know what the strain ends up like in my experience aka some are dense with leaf others are a lot easier on the leaf count. Then again i am a little bit strange lol much love to you all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skunkpunch For This Useful Post:

Elias (13-10-20), GEORGE (13-10-20), IceCalibur (13-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,200 Times

Wet trim so it's just done and out the way, dry trim if I want to take my time and manicure them to perfection

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lowrollerbean For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-10-20), IceCalibur (13-10-20), Skunkpunch (13-10-20)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4